Tahoe T18 with 115hp Pro XS / is it underpowered?

Kurtis Maximus

Recruit
I'm considering buying the Tahoe T18 with the 115 Mercury pro XS.
Pros:
I can fit it in my garage = no storage fees
I can pull it with my present vehicle
The boat is light at 1940lbs w motor

I would be using it to wakeboard and tube. I weigh 170lbs / the girlfriend is about 140lbs and may take another couple occasionally or a few small kids.

Will this boat feel underpowered? I used to own an 18' Maxum with the 130hp I/O 4.0L and I was fine with that level of power.

Pros:

I would be using it to wakeboard and tube. I weigh 170lbs / the girlfriend is about 140lbs and may take another couple occasionally or a few small kids.

Will this boat feel underpowered? I used to own an 18' Maxum with the 130hp I/O 4.0L and I was fine with that level of power.
We ordered our t18 two weeks ago and have read the t18 owners performance data on the Tahoe t18 facebook page the 115hp pro xs puts out around 123hp with 4 adults 4 children speeds avg around 38 mph with 2 people avg speed 45 - 48 mph the 115 pro xs is the highest hp engine for this boat. you will be fine

undercover500

Seaman Apprentice
Check out the Tahoe T18 Boat Owners on Facebook, if you're on Facebook that is. Most people report going anywhere from 40 to 54mph, but I don't know their load, prop, etc. We are actually taking delivery of this boat tomorrow, with the 115hp PRO XS, and we will be taking it straight from the dealer, to the gas station, and then to the lake. We will have 4 adults (not skinny) on the boat. I will report back how fast we go on Monday, if not sooner.

For reference, I've only ever gone around 30mph in any boats we've owned. We had a 14 foot Sea Rayder before this with the 90hp sport jet, but in terms of HP, it was probably closer to 50-60hp, with the loss from the jet drive. With 3 adults, it took about 45 seconds to plane, and we got going around 27-28mph. I can imagine with nearly twice the actual horsepower biting into the water (I've read these pro xs 115's are rated around 126 true hp), that we'll be flying, even with 4 typical Americans on board.

We ordered our t18 two weeks ago and have read the t18 owners performance data on the Tahoe t18 facebook page the 115hp pro xs puts out around 123hp with 4 adults 4 children speeds avg around 38 mph with 2 people avg speed 45 - 48 mph the 115 pro xs is the highest hp engine for this boat. you will be fine
Pros:

We just took delivery of our Tahoe T18 this past weekend and took it out on a windy day here in Wisconsin heavy chop 1 - 2 ft waves on Long Lake near Fond du Lac we had 4 adults full load of gas. we hit 40.5 mph when hitting full throttle. not bad considering the weather conditions, got on plane very quickly. we put on 3.5 hours on the engine only 6.5 mor hour to finish the break in period,

undercover500

Seaman Apprentice
We just took delivery of our Tahoe T18 this past weekend and took it out on a windy day here in Wisconsin heavy chop 1 - 2 ft waves on Long Lake near Fond du Lac we had 4 adults full load of gas. we hit 40.5 mph when hitting full throttle. not bad considering the weather conditions, got on plane very quickly. we put on 3.5 hours on the engine only 6.5 mor hour to finish the break in period,
I too, was on this lake, same time, same day...maybe even on the same boat. I can confirm, 40.5mph at full throttle in the wind and chop. I'd say we'd hit probably 45mph on a calmer day, and probably closer to 50mph with 1 or 2 people on board. What say you, black max? Should we try it? Also, how does Sunday on the river sound hahahaha

z777beachbum

Recruit
I bought the 2022 Tahoe T18 with the 115 Mercury pro XS in April. I use it on the intercoastal in south FL. On a calm day with two people aboard and the Bimini top down, I max out at 52 mph. So far it's been a great little boat. My only complaint is the radio located on the side of the console; stupid placement.