Tahoe 228 or yamaha ar 240 ho?

ianrgordon4898

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 17, 2011
Messages
24
How do they compare for an all around trailerable boat for family, and also watersports??? ( am getting a tower on either boat ). Thanks, all!
 

jokaj

Seaman
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
73
Re: Tahoe 228 or yamaha ar 240 ho?

i have an '06 228. great boat overall but get a big engine. i have a 5.0 mpi and mainly cruise. I could use a larger engine - 4 people mainly cruising. I like my current deck layout - lots of space, deep v, handles rough waters great. Don't care about the current layout. my 2 cents. *)
 

ianrgordon4898

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 17, 2011
Messages
24
Re: Tahoe 228 or yamaha ar 240 ho?

Thanks, so you believe the engine is a bit small? How would it be for wake boarding? Also, do you have a wake board tower on your boat? Thanks,
I
 

jokaj

Seaman
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
73
Re: Tahoe 228 or yamaha ar 240 ho?

its a 22.5 foot boat. I don't have a wake tower. The recommended prop for my boat was a 19" (basically 2 peeps and 1/2 tank). 17" prop is perfect for the admiral and two kids. I currently use a 15" four blade. At powell, my boat with 6 adults and 4 kids had a hard time planing (17" blade). I have a 15" three blade for those situations now. With a bigger engine, i don't think I would have to worry too much about trying to plane with a heavy crew. Keep in mind, with a higher altitude, your equivalent HP goes down! I mainly cruise.
 
Top