T&T leakdown tests

topgun3690

Ensign
My post #19 makes no sense without the color diagram, which I guess was deleted for rule #3 violation (posting copyrighted material). Sorry about that Mods.....

silverback60

Cadet
What oil is put in the TT pump, I am doing the valve body rebuild. I have read, regular hydraulic oil, ATF, Special TT oil, and 30W motor oil. Which is best? Looked like runny pepto-bismol that came out of it.

topgun3690

Ensign
Thank You. Does it matter which way the red "O" ring goes on, flat side or slot side over the post?

The FLAT side faces out. There is a link with a pic showing the correct way to install the red o-ring but I can't seem to find it.

topgun3690

Ensign
Neither of my hexagon pieces had anything on that stud area.

Looks like you found your problem! When I ended up twisting and breaking the check valve body I could see an o-ring in there but was hard to tell what condition it was in after using the torch and all the destruction. Lol Installed the rebuilt VB today....no more leakdown.

topgun3690

Ensign
What oil is put in the TT pump, I am doing the valve body rebuild. I have read, regular hydraulic oil, ATF, Special TT oil, and 30W motor oil. Which is best? Looked like runny pepto-bismol that came out of it.

I use this oil for my T&T but any 30WT ND will do..... IMG_1196 (2).JPG

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
If it looked like Pepto??? then they had the wrong stuff.
The trans fluid or T@T fluid can destroy the o-rings
and seals.
It needs 30w oil.