sx-a first time off

gumbyaz

Seaman Apprentice
I just pulled my sx-a outdrive off for the first time today to inspect the u-joints. U-joints and gimbal bearing look really good, coupler alignment is spot-on, and was not a hard job after building a quick rolling stand out of 2x4's.

Questions:
-Are the 2 o-rings on the u-joint shaft supposed to be changed when pulling the outdrive? I thought I read that somewhere, but the boatinfo manual doesn't say anything about it. Mine look fine - intact and no cracks or obvious wear, so was planning to just leave them there.
-My outdrive was held on with 6 flanged nylock nuts, but no washers. The boatinfo manual shows washers needed. The online parts diagrams show no washers. I think this is a no-brainer to just install as-is without washers, but concerned that the manual shows them.
-I bought a tube of Quicksilver 2-4-C grease for my prop shaft - any concerns using this for engine splines, gaskets/seals, i.e. basically everywhere the manual says to lube for reassembly? I also have some basic wheel bearing grease laying around, but thought the waterproof stuff would be better in general.

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Don't forget to lube the o-rings in engine oil and not grease. Also, the manuals says not to reuse the nuts - FYI. The grease you are using is fine.
Good luck!