Suzuki DT65 1978 Wiring Diagram

ozboatie

Recruit
Can anyone please provide a wiring diagram for a Suzuki DT65 6501 D-10978 (assume this is 1978). I am rewiring the system and have got myself totally confused with which wire goes where. I've got an engine that starts but unfortunately won't switch off! (ok stop laughing).

Green
Brown
Blue
Red
Black
White ............ Help !!!!!

Thanks

D

DJ

Re: Suzuki DT65 1978 Wiring Diagram

Moving to Suzuki Questions.

ozboatie

Recruit

I've been looking around on the net and still haven't come up with what I need. Any suggestions?

sturdavj

Petty Officer 1st Class

I bounced around various web sites hunting for a wiring schematic for my 1983 DT 50. I was not able to find one of much value/ help.

I looked around for a shop service manual on the internet, located a slightly used one on E-Bay for $15.00. It had a complete set of diagrams in the appendix. I was able to track a problem back to the dead man switch using these drawings.

Good luck

jmwerner

Recruit

Can anyone please provide a wiring diagram for a Suzuki DT65 6501 D-10978 (assume this is 1978). I am rewiring the system and have got myself totally confused with which wire goes where. I've got an engine that starts but unfortunately won't switch off! (ok stop laughing).

Green
Brown
Blue
Red
Black
White ............ Help !!!!!

Thanks

Here's What my 1998 Manual sez: (MAY GET YOU CLOSE)

B = GND
G = STOP
W = BATT
GR= IGNITION
BR= START
O = CHOKE

hevysrf

Petty Officer 3rd Class

black = ground
brown= start thru neutral safety switch
white = battery to key switch
green= stop, continuity to ground with key off, should be a green and black on emergency stop switch.
grey = hot with ignition on MartyD