Suzuki DF140 won’t start

spacerust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had a real bad storm last week and wasn’t able to cover the boat in time. Water burned out my starter ad had to replace both batteries. Was out on the water and it started fine and drove to first spot. Around thirty minutes later, started motor to make a move and noticed motor wouldn’t get full throttle. Turned it off and it hasn’t started since. Came home both batteries were drained down. Recharged them (they are a week old) check connections and have power to starter. Don’t know what to check. Any suggestions? It’s an 07 and worked great until that storm.

CaptnKingfisher

Petty Officer 1st Class
I had a real bad storm last week and wasn’t able to cover the boat in time. Water burned out my starter ad had to replace both batteries. Was out on the water and it started fine and drove to first spot. Around thirty minutes later, started motor to make a move and noticed motor wouldn’t get full throttle. Turned it off and it hasn’t started since. Came home both batteries were drained down. Recharged them (they are a week old) check connections and have power to starter. Don’t know what to check. Any suggestions? It’s an 07 and worked great until that storm.
I'm surprised a rainstorm caused damage to an uncovered outboard, woulda expected the cowling to keep everything inside dry. Is it possible your battery cables got daged during this storm? I'm not familiar with Suzuki's but sounds like a charging issue. I would guess you've get a rectifier and a regulator that's supposed to charge your batteries while you run the boat and I suspect yours aren't doing their job

spacerust

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm surprised a rainstorm caused damage to an uncovered outboard, woulda expected the cowling to keep everything inside dry. Is it possible your battery cables got daged during this storm? I'm not familiar with Suzuki's but sounds like a charging issue. I would guess you've get a rectifier and a regulator that's supposed to charge your batteries while you run the boat and I suspect yours aren't doing their job
I apologize- I should clarify, my outboard didn’t get wet- that was under the carport; but with my burn bar, it doesn’t fit completely so the front seat on the console was sticking out and water went in through there- got onto my gas tank and trickled down and dripped onto my batteries and wires- also underneath the console. That is how it shorted.