Suzuki 2001 specific to DT140

hopalong

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have two older Suzuki DT115 1986 and DT140 1988 that I've have had since these years up to present. I bought a running 2001 "DT140" with cables and wiring have found that this outboard does not have the trim sensor mounted on the power trim / swivel mounting that bolts to the transom as the earlier models. But the 2000 and 2001 parts illustration shows one of the trim sensors same part number that is installed on the earlier models. After looking at the 2001 trim / swivel mounting surface there is NO pre drilled holes and or an area to install the trim sensor. The trim sensor on the early models up to 1999 were mounted on the swivel mount with two bolts. So question is does anyone know of this and how to mount a different trim sensor on the 2001 model or a factory trim sensor that may exist? A picture of a "trim sensor mounted on a DT2001" f.i. would be appreciated and the part number for the trim sensor.

hopalong

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have two older Suzuki DT115 1986 and DT140 1988 that I've have had since these years up to present. I bought a running 2001 "DT140" with cables and wiring have found that this outboard does not have the trim sensor mounted on the power trim / swivel mounting that bolts to the transom as the earlier models. But the 2000 and 2001 parts illustration shows one of the trim sensors same part number that is installed on the earlier models. After looking at the 2001 trim / swivel mounting surface there is NO pre drilled holes and or an area to install the trim sensor. The trim sensor on the early models up to 1999 were mounted on the swivel mount with two bolts. So question is does anyone know of this and how to mount a different trim sensor on the 2001 model or a factory trim sensor that may exist? A picture of a "trim sensor mounted on a DT115 or 140 in 2001" f.i. Would be appreciated and the part number for the trim sensor. Thanks

hopalong

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just a note about the above post. It seems a mystery if there was a trim sensor on the 2001 motor. Operating a boat with no trim gauge/ sensor to show the trim without looking back now and then is not my cup of tea. Sure I could run the boat without it but that would be guessing where/ whats going on with pitch of the boat over water.
The 86 and 88 Suzuki motors are running motors and when I bought this DT140 2001 motor back in 2021 it was to upgrade to fuel injection to replace the 86/88 carb motors with the 2001 fuel injection motor later on. I just got around to doing this change out of motors. The two earlier motors have had only minor parts go bad over the years. Both the 86/88 motor trim motors/ actuator cylinders have never had a problem. It appears the early motor swivels would bolt right up to the 2001 motor. The early motors trim motor was attached on "outside" of swivel mount ... 2001 trim motor mount inside of the swivel mount. Why didn't Suzuki leave the mounting swivel as is? makes no sense. These power heads and motor assembly have been remarkable to last this long. Sometimes it does not pay to re engineer a good thing. Chevy Gen 1 small block engines never had much changes at all for over 40 years. And I have two hi performance chevy engines that are running strong to date.