FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Don...I myself enjoy reading them for it really goes to show that Merc is not the only one brand to go. Yeah, I could see for warranty purposes, but after that it becomes a "dog eat dog" world of competitiveness. I've read awhile back about oil threads and mentioning or "lack of" a engine failing due to the type of oil used. Preventive maintenance is the key here....if lube companies state that their products are specifically made for marine applications, they must be ok regardless of the name brand. I'm sure there are different qualities (good, better and best), but would say that the "good" would not ruin an outdrive or engine for that matter if properly maintained! So as you say ---
I use (__Fill in the blank___) and it works perfect.