Supersport dash and interior side panel ideas?

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
I’m just starting to rebuild my dash. It had nothing on it but a steering wheel, nav light and a cigarette lighter.

I’m adding a tach for the OB, a 6 gang switch with a voltmeter, a 12v acc plug and usbs. I’m also adding a horn button and already it looks jammed packed. I have two auto bilge switches to add which are kind of chunky, not sure they will fit.

Has anyone added switches to the side board? Anyone done anything different to the side panels?

Sharpie223

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had built a blister above my dash in order to raise (for knee clearance) and expand (for instrumentation). It's rather ugly in its current state, but could be refined. That said with some smaller instruments and maybe relocation of switches I will see if I can eliminate the need for the blister. It's sorta visible in this picture.
20230617_202940.jpg

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks, didn’t consider a blister early enough. I’ve already clad and installed the helm stations. I’ve also got a Helix sonar going back on top and what you don’t see yet is the cup hole cut outs already installed under the nautolex. But I might be able to add a small housing for the tach on top, so mulling that idea over now.IMG_2192.jpeg

MNhunter1

Ensign
IMG_6320.JPGIMG_6329.JPGIMG_8740.JPG

I did a pretty basic dash layout and off the shelf switch panel for my SS. Used sight and sound as my trim gauge and gps speed from the fish finder. I also just ran my side panels straight and added some speakers.

Sharpie223

Petty Officer 2nd Class
There's a lot of aftermarket car gauge pods, you might be able to make one work for your purposes.

matt167

Captain
little chrome bling from the period if you want is a 60s Mercruiser gauge panel. There’s a few variations.There is always a few of them on EBay at any given time.. I’m actually going to put one in my rat rod, and even leave the Mercruiser decal as it’s going to be powered by a Mercruiser 2.5

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
IMG_4416.jpeg
Besides the old switch panel that came withe boat, I kept the classic trim and bought mahogany wood to match the original front bow support. Looks beautiful but wish I just went with straight oil to bring out the grains better. The other console just has a stereo, and was the better looking piece of wood. Lots of character and just stands out with nothing else on it.

I actually have an old mercury tach that came from a glasser I trashed. Should have used it on my boat but forgot about it, so its in a boat parts bin. Not sure if it works buts its in good condition. If you or someone wants it for shipping cost, let me know.

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
View attachment 397411
Besides the old switch panel that came withe boat, I kept the classic trim and bought mahogany wood to match the original front bow support. Looks beautiful but wish I just went with straight oil to bring out the grains better. The other console just has a stereo, and was the better looking piece of wood. Lots of character and just stands out with nothing else on it.

I actually have an old mercury tach that came from a glasser I trashed. Should have used it on my boat but forgot about it, so its in a boat parts bin. Not sure if it works buts its in good condition. If you or someone wants it for shipping cost, let me know.
That is beautiful. The banjo wheel is the perfect compliment