Super weird no start problem- please read

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
A simple test is to hook up your mity vac, with the carb inverted, it should hold close to five lbs of pressure. Upright, it should hold none.

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
Update guys I think the needle is sticking but I’m not sure how to get it to stop? It sticks in the “full” position (carb full of fuel)

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
A simple test is to hook up your mity vac, with the carb inverted, it should hold close to five lbs of pressure. Upright, it should hold none.

Strange question, I have the float and needle in place and when I raise float (and therefore needle) with my finger it makes a click sound like it’s sticking, is this normal?

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
Follow these steps word for word.---Turn fuel off.-----Remove carburetor ------Remove carburetor bowl.-------Install carburetor.---Motor in normal running position------Hold float up.------Turn fuel on.------Lower float and see fuel pouring through the float valve.------Raise float and see fuel flow stops.-----Report on this test.

On these carbs the bowl is where the fuel line is

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Sorry,--- my mistake not in my workshop looking at one at the moment.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Bring it over I will have a spare carburetor bowl with a cutout so you can look inside.-----When you find the issue you will say ------duh ," that was easy "

lindy46

Captain
As mentioned in post #18 by Oldboat, is the wire clip attached to the end of the needle and to the float arm? That little clip connects the float to the needle and it cannot possibly stick closed with it in place. Without it, the needle may not release from the orifice when the float drops, and thus the gas doesn't flow into the bowl.