Super Size Me

oddjob

Commander
Re: Super Size Me

Two Words....BIG TOBACCO<br /><br /><br />BIG BURGER<br />Its about a group of folks with time on their hands who believe they or the government needs to protect its unknowing/ill-responsible citizens and force them to behave the way they believe to be best. (peta and vegetarians,etc.)<br /><br />Its about liberal trial lawyers waiting for enough spin to develop to make the claim that its not the citizens fault, but a conspiricy of corporate america to take advantage of the innocent citizen easily addicted to the big burger with deceptive and misleading commercialization.<br /><br />Then its about the rest of the non obease(sp) population looking the other way while the lawyers and politicians suew(sp) Big Burger to pay for the healthcare of their clients or States so that they wont be forced to pay for this gross epidimic as taxpayers.<br /><br />Then its about the lawyers and states getting so much money to fund not only some healthcare but other social programs as well. Why, they wont even allow the evil corporation to shut down or file bankrupscy. Lest the end of cash flow cow created.<br /><br />Then they(politicians) figure, hey we can do better if we also tax the people purchasing the product. Everyone will be all for it as now the Corp. and the consumer will be punished for their bad deeds to sociaty.<br /><br />Then, it will be BIG SOMETHING ELSE.. because a Big Mac will cost 10 bucks if you want one... :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

I am dumb cuz of school system...<br />I am fat cuz of Mc' D's...<br />I am not guilty of that crime cuz I had bad childhood...<br /><br />(re-state previous post here)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Lots of people now days forget that the body needs balanced nutrition. Just eating meat and taters will stack on the pounds and still make you feel sick cause your lacking the other important nutriants.<br /><br />Here is another thing to look at. What would happen if the fast food industry was forced out of business? Grocery stores now would be selling more. What happens when there is a big demand? Yep, prices go up. <br /><br />Even if there was no fast food, there still would be an obesity problem. Mainly due to lots of entertainment that requires sitting such as TV, Computer, video games, and movies.<br /><br />Tonight I have an example. Jeff my SNL was surpose to come over to help move a fridge and dig a ditch with me. He just called a few minuets ago. Said he was tired from working all day and that he was just going to sit down and watch TV to rest. DUH?! This is what I'm talking about. I worked also from 6 to 3, up and down ladders, moving equipment around, bending/stretching, and mostly on my feet 95% of the day. But I've got to go mow/trim my lawn, dig more on the ditch, and call another friend to help me move the fidge. Then at 8pm I'll fix supper for the misses when she gets home from school. After supper I'll check the forum then shower and to bed. Then do it all over again the next day.<br /><br />Sorry to get upset over the issue of McDonalds getting blamed for people getting obese. I just would like to continue working without the worry of my position being eleminated or what few benefits I have taken away.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I tell you what, the last 4 or 5 years I was in the Army I did not eat breakfast, and I ate fast food, mostly McDonalds for lunch and breakfast every day. Because I was running up to six miles a day and other fun excercising, I had no problem staying at my 185 target weight. My cholestoral was bad though, about 275. I have been out 7 years, only eat fast food maybe once or twice in a month. I eat good food like salads and fish and chicken, rarely any beef, and I average 200 lbs. My job is a physically active job, but I do not excercise nearly enough. A few years back I road my mountain bike every day and lifted a little weight once in awhile and had no problem dropping to my 185 target weight from a then ghastly 220 lbs. Its all about diet AND excercise. One without the other only gets it half done.