Sunburns How do you treat them

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Sunburns How do you treat them

Question is, how to keep from getting it.<br />I have the answer.<br /> <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />
headgear.jpg
:D

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Aloe vera.<br />Can't work out where you come from, but if your climate permits, grow some. It is very hardy. Just cut and let the gel oozz out.<br />It is very good for a lot of mishaps.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

eeboater

Commander

LOL SBN -- do you mow the lawn like that?<br /><br />Sean

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Factor 30 before you go out in it. If you get burned then its already done the damage.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> LOL SBN -- do you mow the lawn like that?<br /><br />Sean
No Sean, my Kubota has a canopy on it now.

24tesla

Seaman

Best to not get burned. But we all know it happens. Aloe is great. I first use Tea. I double the amount of bags I would use to make Tea to drink. Boil then let it cool. Soak a (OLD) towel in the tea, and then lay the towel over the burn areas. Let it sit for 20 min or so. Then after I clean off, I use Aloe. Never peel, and the tea kills the burn and the pain. The aloe helps heal. Uncle was a special forces guy and learned about the Tea during survival from some guy. He swears by it.

ehenry

Commander

I haven't been sun burned in well over 20 years except for maybe my neck, tops of my ears a nd nose. Just this past Monday I had a spot on my back removed and sent to a pathology lab. The report came back Basal Cell Carsinoma. I've never been one to work outside with my shirt off. I guess I'm of average complection, I'm brown eyed and have dark hair. I asked the doctor about this and all he could say was that it may be that it runs in my family. ANYWAY, the report said that it was fully removed and that I shouldn't have to have anything else done.<br /><br />Yall be careful out there and keep that sun screen on ! ! ! !

KRS

Banned

I'm 31 and have had 2 removed, going in for a 3rd, gotta wear that sunblock.<br /><br />What's everyone's favorite... mine is Bullfrog 30spf waterproof quick drying gel.

Stratosfied

Ensign

For relief the best 'store bought' potion is something called "Ocean Potion Instant Burn Relief Ice, Aloe Vera/Lidocaine Tea Tree Extract. Bought this stuff at the beach 3 yrs ago, as I burn easily, out of a 20.5 oz bottle, still have 98% left. To me this is a WONDER salve. I protect this like I would my family! :cool:

24tesla

Seaman

Originally posted by azfyrfyter63:<br /> I'm 31 and have had 2 removed, going in for a 3rd, gotta wear that sunblock.<br /><br />What's everyone's favorite... mine is Bullfrog 30spf waterproof quick drying gel.
Bulfrog is the best I have ever used.