Stupid things you did as a kid

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Stupid things you did as a kid

Keep em up, my cheeks are hurting from laughing so much

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Figure I would add some to keep it going.......<br />When I was 5 or so,I used to hate thunderstorms....Well I would be riding my bike up and down the street for hours on end,when I would hear thunder I would jump off my bike scared like he#@ and pick it up and run home......Dont ask me why<br /><br />Another time on my bike around the same age.....At that time it wasnt cool to have all the padding on the bars for protection,so I took them off....Well not to long after that,I was found running down the street balling my eyes out screaming "I CRACKED MY NUTS"....Everyone in the neighborhood knew about that one.<br /><br /><br />* disclaimer* <br /><br />Please stop eating before reading any farther...<br /><br />Parents had a party at the house,I decided to entertain myself and get in the bathroom trash and proceeded to put tampon applicators on all my fingers...To make it worse I guess I went out to my parents party to show them my "New Fingernails"<br /><br />I was about 3 or so for that one.....<br /><br />For some reason these last few stories always get told by my mom when everyone is telling those embarrasing kids stories......<br />I dont know why?

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

My friend was moving to Colorado, so he talked his dad into letting us two kids drive out in the old vw bus loaded with junk. Just about into Nebraska a song came on the radio. I was on the passenger side drumming on the dash board, door, roof, then the front windshield which totally exploded into little pieces. There is a divider so the drivers side was ok. He had a set of swimming gogles packed away , so who ever rode on that side looked as stupid as he felt. :D

Realgun

Commander

Lets see we got some horses and a new eletric fence. Well I can tell you that peeing on an electric fence will SHOCK you ask my brother! OUCH<br /><br />Throwing bailing wire on high tension power lines amkes pretty sparks and the lights flicker all over the neighborhood.<br /><br />Getting so mad at my brother I took a compound bow to him. His door has two small holes and the Chicita bannana stickers are still there twenty-five years later. Mom never knew. <br /><br />I rode on the hood of the station wagon at 75 mph once.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

When I was 14 I thought I'd take my dad's car for a spin while he was away. It was a manual tranny and could start without pushing in the clutch. I turned the key and smashed into a metal shelving rack in the front of the garage and watched his toolbox fall off the top shelf onto the hood of the car.

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When I was about 12 and my brother was 14 I let a friend borrow my BB gun. He was shooting birds and got caught by the police and the gun was confiscated. He gave me an old Bear compound bow to repay me and thats when stuff got interesting.<br /><br />I was arguing with my brother that if you tape a shotgun shell to an arrow(primer to point)it would explode on impact. I was right, it will also work with rifle and pistol ammo. The first one we shot was up in the air at enough of an angle that it would land in the field. It went bang. <br /><br />Then we get the bright idea to try and shoot the primer with a BB gun. We had some sheets of styrofoam that were about 1.5" thick and very dense. They would stop an arrow from a 35 lb bow. We put a 38SPL shell in one of the arrow holes and started shooting at it. I finally hit it and the casing shot back and hit me in the thigh. My brother thought I was dead, it only left a grapefruit size bruise about 6" away from my family jewels. :eek:

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Mrloring......Had family outside of uniontown,lived up the mtn on 40 just outside of Markleysburg(SP?)..Beautiful country out there. Ohiopyle, fort Necessity...grandpa sold his house,but Ive been wanting to take the trip again just to get away. Plus to stop at the bar at the base of the mtn for the homemade potatoe chips(top notch)...The name of the bar slipped my memory right now.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

My oldest boy Rhys, is a Chef.<br />As a young bloke just our of his time, he took an OE in UK. Got a job at a most exclusive Restuarant in London. He was the sauce chef.<br />Mid way through the evening, the head chef, a Spaniard, was fooling around with a very big sharp knife, using it like a sword. Rhys in fun shot our a kung-foo type kick, not meaning to hit the Spaniard, but connected the blade, which shot back and split the Spaniards head open from nose, straight up between the eyes and up the forehead. Apparantly there was pandamonium in the kitchen. They wrapped his head in tea-towels, and got him out the service elevator to an ambulance. Took ages to clean up the mess as blood had sprayed all round the place. Then everybody had to take turns/help on the mains. Guests never knew.<br />There was apparantly hell to pay when the Exec Chef found out.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Link

Rear Admiral

Christmas day 1957 I'm 4 years old.<br />Willow Creek Northern Ca just above the Hopa Indian reservation where we lived.<br />Parents were visiting some friends and their son about my age got a brand new Radio Flyer Red wagon.<br />The two of us pulled it all the way up the hill to the water barrel. (the creek ran into the top of it and a pipe came out the bottom, maybe 12,000 gallons) and about a 1/4 mile.<br />I only know this because Mrs.Link and I went back there in 1992. And it was still there and the same water source.<br /><br />Well the two of us young tikes get into the red flyer on the flat surface next to the barrel.. and push off! :eek: <br /><br />About 1/2 way down the hill all four wheels fly off at the same time, and him, me and the body of the red flyer go head over heels down the hill!<br /><br />We spent the rest of the day laying on (Tutts and Jays) kicthen table having rocks pulled out and iodine (sp) poured on the wounds.. OUCH!<br /><br />Still have a couple of the scares! :)

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

I was 11 or 12 years old at the time and US frequency CB radio was big in the UK (but highly illegal). I'd got a rig and hidden it from my parents and when they were at work I hooked it up to a spare car battery in the garage and yattered for hours.<br />One day the folks were out at work and it was freezing cold so I decide to take the battery into the house. I put it in the hall before going upstairs to my room and then thought "Shoot! that's my mums new carpet! I'd better check there's no oil or gunk underneath the battery." <br /><br />SO I TIP THE BATTERY UPSIDE DOWN :rolleyes: <br /><br />Result: big holes and scorch marks in mums new carpet (parents were pretty poor and a new carpet was a major "life-event"!)<br />2nd Result? A job on the milk float before school to pay for the damage and the inability to sit on my bruised backside for a week :(

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Uniontown homemade potatoe chips at Pappy's.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

When I was probably 10 or so, I was out in the front yard practicing casting... I learned that if you had a heavier weight on the end of your line you could cast further.<br /><br />Naturally, I tied on one of my dads big old lure with big heavy rusty treble hooks....<br /><br />My sisters friend was over and the two of them decided to hop around the yard and try to catch the lure.... well, it got snagged on some grass and when it broke free, the hook caught her pretty good just above her eye.<br /><br />She got a couple of stitches and wasn't allowed to play in our yard anymore.

24tesla

Seaman

At 17, a few friends and I went around some Road Closed signs, and down by an old bridge. Got drunk all night and played with the construction equipment (Keys were in it, I thought we were allowed to play with it.) Got a crane stuck in the creek and rolled it over. Well, we bolted and went to go back around the Road Closed signs and that ditch had frosted over, and that little Toyota Tercel slid right down. We were stuck again. Walked forever until we could get a ride home. Took my truck and got back and pulled the car out. Left on at the end of the road, all the work trucks were on the way in. We got out just in time. Friends dad grounded him for breaking curfew, called my dad, I was grounded. 2 weeks each, glad they didn't find out about the crane. :)