Stupid things you did as a kid

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Stupid things you did as a kid

Stan_Deezy that's funny, although I bet your P & M wre plenty sore....But......S.S. Mayflooat has your a$$ beat or stung! The visual on that one could be in an "Our Gang" movie and.......LOL...no......ROTFLMAO! TOO MUCH!...JK

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Thought of 2 more incidents that stood out in my parents minds about all the time.<br /><br />Once my friend and I was cold and built a fire on the barn floor. (Barn was used to store hay) Yep, that one didn't score any good points at all. Now Dad scored lots of points on my tail end! (again)<br /><br />This one was when I had my license for several months. The friend that got in trouble with me for the fire went night time rabbit hunting with me in my moms Torino. We was driving through the pasture fields looking for practically anything to shoot at. We crested this hill and wha-la, there was a skunk. I slammed on the brakes, we opened the doors, jumped out and started blasting the skunk with our shotguns. Yep, it let off its stink bag big time.<br /><br />Next morning mom goes to church and comes home real mad. Seems like the ole skunk smell saturated the inside of her car and her clothes. OOOOPPPPSSS! She did not appreaciate the fact that she smelled the church up with the smell of a skunk. Dad had to get her another car because we couldn't get that smell out...<br /><br />After recalling some childhood adventures, I can say this,......I'm glad there wasn't any cable or video games when I grew up.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Took the 57 VW for a little ride one Sunday while the folks were out visiting family. Went by my friends places, honk the horn, really showing off. Freinds parents seen me, really impressed them. That a 13 year old could drive so well. They told the old man, and I have the scars on my butt to prove it. Geez, I didn't hit nothin!

rwise

Captain

well I guess I was about 2 when I pulled the rock from under the wheel on the old truck Dad was working on, you guessed it I got run over! :eek:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Originally posted by rwise:<br /> well I guess I was about 2 when I pulled the rock from under the wheel on the old truck Dad was working on, you guessed it I got run over! :eek: <br />* * * * * * * * *<br /><br />Hence forth rwise, r=rock + wise as in wisdom which does make for rwise? Could this be how you got your display name?

rwise

Captain

Well how about r as in Richard and wise as in Wise! LOL

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Tried to steal the flashing yellow light off of a construction barricade one time. Who knew they had special nits on them requiring a special wrench, so we did the only logical thing for a couple of drunk 17 year olds. We took the whole barricade. <br /><br />Later in my friends basement bedroom, we found out we just could not sleep with that flashing yellow light, and did not know how to shut it off. So we did the next best thing, we went cruising.<br /><br />While cruising around my small hometown, we were trying to think of what to do next. So another brilliant idea, we stopped one of the town cops and talked to him. We asked him if someone stole something then felt bad about it, and decided to return it to where they got it from, would they get into trouble? The cop said if he had sufficient proof that they were returning the item, and really felt bad about taking it, he probably wouldn't do much more than a lecture. <br /><br />With that information in hand we went back and loaded the barricade to return it to where we found it. We put it in the back of friends station wagon. A 1978 Ford Country Squire with true Brady bunch wood grain sides. That stupid light flashing lit the whole inside of the car. <br /><br />Being the boy genuises we were, we had to cruise town once with that flashing in the car. On the town square we saw the town cop standing with the other cops along the street. As we drove past they all stood there staring like a bunch of guppies. I now know the feeling, wondering what the F is that? After driving past them I looked back expecting to see all of them chasing us. Instead they were all doubled over laughing. I guess for some reason they were waiting to see what we had stolen earlier that night.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by BassCat73:<br /> 1. Taught myself how to drive stickshift when my parents were out of town one weekend. Luckily I didn't crash it while driving around Milwaukee.
Me too, but my Mom actually drove up next to me while I was "helping" my brother with his paper route. I thought that excuse would make it OK . . . Wrong!

LadyFish

Admiral

I raced my girldfriend in my fiances' Ford Torino GT convertible. When I hit 135 mph the drive shaft broke, fell on the brake line and I nearly rolled it end over end. I was 16 and a bit of a rebel.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Just take almost everything ya'll have done and double it. I was a heathen for sure. One of the best memery builders was a freinds 72 4dr Impala. It got jumped all the time. We had this road with a bridge and a hump right before it. We would hit it running about 85-90 and fly for about 100 feet, no BS. The same car also had the seatbelts you had to connect the lap and shoulder harness together. We would put the shoulder part outside and surf on the trunk using it to hold on to. We would do the aforementioned jump while surfing too till we caved the trunk in. Surfed down the main drag one night for 1 block. We had lookouts with cbs for the cops. After about 5 minutes we took out. Instantly a cop pulled out from behind a store. No ticket or jail, just a "WHAT IN THE FROCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!" Set about 25 acres on fire when we were 6-7. My cousins hung me to see how long it would take me to die.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Last 2 for me.<br /><br />When me and friend were 14 we stole his dads new to him Nomad Panel truck, I think it was a 1946. It was black with an airbrushed angle of death on the sides, shag carpet all around inside. After we cruised for a while it hit us, we just put 40 miles on this thing, and his dad had recorded the mileage since it was a collector car for him. In those old vehicles the odometer would roll backward if driven in reverse. We never would have guessed how long that would take but we found out. Pretty smart kids! Only porblem, you can't drive a 1946 Nomad around a village with a population of 125 people, at 5 P.M. on a saturday without someone noticing. They of course told his dad. I was lucky and escaped by going home.<br /><br />Last one, my dad made the mistake when I was about 8 of teaching me about electric fences. He told me that if you grab hold of someone, then the fence it will shock them more than you. SO....dad was bent over pulling some that had shorted out teh fence I decided to try his teachings. As it happens I was standing on a pile of wooden fence posts so was pretty well insulated from the ground. I grabbed the fence first and went to youch dad's arm. Only I couldn't reach his arm, so I went for his ear. Just as my finger was an inch or so from his ear I heard a loud snap and saw a spark jump from my finger to his ear. The next sound I heard was a loud smack along the side of my head. It was several years before this one was funny to him. <br /><br />1 more good one I forgot. When I was about 8 my mom just got a brand new couch. The first new furniture we have ever owned! Around Christmas my sister and I were watching Rudolph Christmas special. We had ordered pizza, another rare treat for us. And the final treat that made the whole thing so special is mom let us eat in the living room in front of the TV on those small folding tables they used to have. My sister had made me mad about something. She got up to go get something, and asked me to hold her pizza, which I did. When she returned, just as she was lowering herself into her seat I set her plate of pizza under her on the new couch. Of course she sat in it, made a mess of everything and stained the couch. The best part, I didn't get into trouble. Mom and Dad thought she had set her pizza down then sat in it herself when she got back. She beat me bad later on.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

LOL @ DD :D <br /><br />Mom and dad use to let me make popcorn when I was about 6 or so. Then you had to use a sauce pan and some butter. After it was done popping, I would take it off the stove and set the pan on a chair by the table. The table was too high for me to safely get the popcorn out. Since the chairs were wood, mom had no problem letting me do that. Later on Mom and Dad bought a new dinning room set. To celebrate Mom let me make popcorn. I sat the pot down on the new chair as I would with the old one. Picked up the pan and the vinyl covering of the chair came with it, leaving a nice round hole. Bad thing is, Mom was watching me do it.......so I didn't get into trouble.......fer once! :D

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Geez, I must have lived a sheltered life...<br /><br />Besides eating all of my sister's candy from her boyfriend...smashing a neighbor kid in the head with a hoe handle (cuz he wouldn't move when I told him to and he dared me to hit him), painting the old wringer washer and my Dad's table saw pink...climbing to the top of the barn (age 6) and waving and carrying on while the adults went into fits...oh yeah, age 14, took the car without my parents permission while they were out for the evening...pulled up at an intersection, gunned the heck out of the engine trying to get the car next to me to race...looked over and it was our neighbor and my Dad...

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ah, one more...<br /><br />Eons ago a company brought out fire detectors for home use. They were a large round device that was mounted above several doorways in the house. The casing of the unit was actually a large bell dome, like a school bell. On the front was a small metal disc that melted at specific temperature and then the bell sounded for several minutes. The house units were about 10 inches in diameter, you can imagine the sound.<br /><br />Surprisingly enough, it didn't take a whole lot of heat for that little disc to melt. The neighbors called the fire department. Just say I had trouble sitting for a month or two.<br /><br />Irony of it? When my folks sold their house, I brought home those 48 year old devices and mounted them in my new house. Got a nice discount on my insurance.

FLATHEAD

Captain

When I was still small enough to ride a tricycle, the old metal kind with the solid rubber wheels I tried to pull down a telephone pole. I coiled up about 20 feet of rope with one end on the bike and the other to the pole. I took off hell bent for leather then I got to the end of the rope and zing!! I was off like super man flying through the air. Landed square on my chin and slid a little ways before I stopped. Took 25 stitches to close that one up.<br /><br />When we were teens we kidnapped the michlin tire man from the local garage, the thing was huge. We sent a Ransom note and all. Ended up taking it back a few weeks later because it was just so darn big to keep in the house. Mom never asked a thing about this huge plastic figure we had in the basement. I am sure she didn't want to know.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by Flathead:<br />Mom never asked a thing about this huge plastic figure we had in the basement. <br />*************<br /><br />I had a good friend in grade school who's mom was like that. She let boys be boys in situations like that. I always thought she was the coolest!

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

I was never the same since I wanted to hang out with Dad while he was working on the car. I took a ball peen hammer and hit the tire as hard as i could. The hammer came back just as fast, right into my forehead. :rolleyes: ........ Made a spear out of one of Ma's metal clothes line posts. The local electric company had to get that one down while they were restoring power to the area. :eek:

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I don't feel so bad now. Zods story reminded me of another one of my tricks. On my 6th birthday I had freinds over for the party. Walter and me were playing with an axe and he said I couldn't hit him with it, he was supposedly stronger than me. He still has the 3" scar in his forehead.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

OK, bringing back memories. I wasn't as good as I thought.<br />There was this quarter horse ranch by where I grew up. It was along interstate 80 right outside of Lincoln Ne, the busiest stretch of interstate around those parts. This ranch had a huge horse statue out along the interstate. <br />One night we took a large long curved radiator hose off of a large peice of machinery. This hose was about 3" to 4" diameter and about 4 feet long with a curve to it. <br />Wired it UNDER that horse statue. Looked nasty, but never got caught. Don't know if anyone really noticed but it was there a few days. <br /><br />One I didn't do, one of my best friends was suspended from school one week. He got bored one day durings suspension and wanted us to party with him. So he called a bomb threat into the school thinking it would get the rest of us a day off. He never even thought that when he called 911 to make the threat they would track the call. When he called the superintendants office to make the threat, his AUNT worked there and answered the phone. We evacuated the school and stood in the freezing cold for hours while they searched the school, then back to class.<br />That was years before all the school shootings and assaults and stuff.<br /><br />Used to go on top of a parking garage and throw .22 bullets off onto the street below to hear them pop. Probably not wise.<br /><br />One night we were riding in the back of a friends truck. Me my GF and a few other friends. Stopped at a stoplight and 4 bikers stopped behind us. True bikers, red and white colors (H's angles), nasty looking mean types. I dared my buddy to jump out and grab the doo rag off of ones head. He did, they chased us, he threw the bandanna back at them but it didn't make them happy. Went for about 20 miles before they gave up. Good thing that truck would run!