Stupid things you did as a kid

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
The 7 yr old kid down the street filled up the car gas tank with the water hose! Mom drove away, and the car quickly died. No telling how much damage, they are still trying to fix it.<br /><br />Remininds me of the time me and some friends tried to pick the locks on our car with toothpicks. Well, the toothpick broke off in the lock, jamming it good. Luckily we were able to gain acces through the hatchback. Had to replace all the locks.<br /><br />So what were your stupidest moments when you were a kid?<br /><br />Ken

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Stupid things you did as a kid

I took my mothers new and very expensive (in those days) electrolux vaccum and played gas station with it. I filled it up with water from the sink and put it back in the closet.Boy was she surprised!

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Dad used to keep the lawnmower gas in a clorox bleach bottle. Yea you guessed it, I grabbed the wrong bottle of "gas" filled the mower up and mom could not get that thing to start no matter how many times or how hard she pulled the rope or how much she choked it. :eek: <br /><br />I was just trying to be helpfull. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ndemge

Commander

remember when I was 4-5, 4" pvc drain from the house gutters...... piece of 4" post scrap seemed to fit it quite well.<br /><br />rained a few weeks later<br /><br />....I got to help dad with that day's project.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm still doing stupid things :D ... just look at a lot of my posts here :D

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

ill let ya know when I grow up :) :)

I let my brother's put me up aginst a tree and to shots at me with a bb gun when I was six. They shot me just beside me nose. Boy did they get in trouble.

brother chris

Commander

My brother and I used to buy those fireworks that shot out 10 fireballs, at 2-4 second intervals.<br />We used to play pretend star wars and shoot them at each other. We had holes all over our shirts from them. <br />Luckily neither one of us got hurt....those things are not "eye" friendly :eek: :rolleyes:

ZmOz

Captain

There are many instances of me and a friend shooting at eachother with BBs. I've also burned/blown up many an item that probably shouldn't have been. :D When I was about 10 I took apart a hair dryer and had my friend's brother plug it in. He got burnt and electrocuted at the same time! :eek: I still die laughing every time I think about that....

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

1. Taught myself how to drive stickshift when my parents were out of town one weekend. Luckily I didn't crash it while driving around Milwaukee.<br />2. Used to try and kill flies by chasing them around the house with cooking spray. What a mess that was.<br />3. My dad's favorite (that he knows about!) was me using the garage doors to practive my slap shot. I ended busting out a few of big window panes, then busting out the replacement window panes. My slap shot has always been a little high. :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

logic prevails, self edit.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Well anything I would say is prolly stuff I have recently done, being that I am still young.<br /><br />1. Playing tackle football in my backyard ( there is a me sized dent in the side of our aluminum shed)<br /><br />2. Testing the new barrel on my paintball gun on a tree trunk that was too close to my dads jeep.<br /><br />3. Playing basketball in my driveway in December.<br /><br />4. Hitting golf balls too close to the house.<br /><br />5. Drunken basketball...<br /><br />6. Deciding to walk 4 blocks in the middle of a snow storm at 3am to get some gyros to eat (we had been drinking, and it had snowed 12in already and was still snowing hard when we made the treck)

ndemge

Commander

a few things learned ...<br /><br />lysol is flamible<br /><br />potato guns, strait up, means strait down<br /><br />Trees will not protect you from the rain when your passed out in a hammack

Triton II

Commander

1. Never take your girl cousin's pet poodle boating in winter (I did this when I was ten and my uncle let me drive. I gunned his 38ft Owens and we lost the dog overboard - it was a cold, wet and bloody experience, those toy poodles have got sharp nails and teeth!). :( <br />2. Never trust your big sister when she wants to borrow your bicycle for an 18th birthday party. It got "borrowed" by all her drunken 'friends' who had a race around the block contest. Needless to say, it got wrecked! :rolleyes:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

When I was 10 and out in the woods, I had a bad case of the back door trots. So I found a tree, dropped my drawers, and dumped a load right into a nest of underground yellow jackets! Yep, I got my azz stung 37 times. My dad rescued me (my hero) and didn't get stung at all.<br /><br />That was the first time I learned that bees can live in the ground. :eek:

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

trying to put out a firecracker sittin in my Dads car with my fingers, my fingers got burnt, and the cracker went off in my face, never told anyone, the rest of the stuff I can't say since my big bro is gonna read this post, he is on Iboats also.<br />Spud

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Self edit, although it was extremely cool with me Pat, You have big ones.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

SS, lol.<br /><br />We were all driving down the road and I lit a firecracker and threw it out the window and it blew back in and landed on my sister's arm and went off got in trouble for that one. <br /><br />Drove 250 miles to Salt Lake city to see a girl when I was 16 and I was watching my 12 year old bro while my folks were out of town. I left him home for a couple days alone. They beat me home. Dad broke a yard stick on me 6 times that night.<br /><br />I was doing a 100mph in my old 61 ford truck down a hill in the country, pulled in to town and blew a tire. :eek:

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Used to disable the front brakes on our cars, fly down gravel roads about 60 and hit brakes hard. Had contests to see how many doghnuts we could flip without wrecking.<br /><br />Used to put lengths of bicycle innertubes on our exhaust pipes and cruise town late at night. Doesn't sound cool until you shift down and let off the gas. It sounds like someone has a very bad case of gas!<br /><br />My friends dad had a bar that went broke. After that he couldn't sell the whiskey so he stored several cases of the stuff in the spare bedroom. Used to grab a bottle every now and then. When the 4 roses was all gone we started trying from the other boxes. A year later he found a buyer for the booze. Imagine our surprise when he only had a half case left to sell out of probably 10 or more.<br /><br />Used to take moms car and my friends moms car out to an old bridge on a country road. Get up enough speed we could get some good air. Used to measure to see who could fly farthest. I just don't know why that dang car broke down so often!<br /><br />Just a few of mine.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Hmmmm, well there was the time my younger sister and me had watched some movie where the heroine gets tied to a breakwater and manages to break free as the tide engulfs her so........I tied my little sister to the breakwater just like in the movie......then my friends came around and we went off to play some football :D Luckily we remembered her before she drowned.<br /><br />The sea area beside us (Luce Bay, Scotland) was a bombing range for the RAF and one day the tail fin section from a practice bomb washed up on the beach. I took it home and buried the front two inches in the garden, leaving the tail sticking out, then went for a walk. Came back to find the house cordoned off and all these adults going frantic...boy was my tail sore for a week after that one :(