- Joined
- Mar 8, 2009
- Messages
- 44,584
First time ever I'm starting to get ticked off at Ram/Jeep and both are 2025's
The Jeep Uconnect works fine with time zone changes but cannot seem to know who is driving the car. If I get in first all good "most" of the time, I say most because it will still every once in a while try to shift over to wife. This is pissing me off because it's not usually pushing the setting 1 on the drivers door panel. Next why do we "have" to have separate radio settings, it's set fine on 1 but you have to do a duplicate for 2, 2 cannot use setting 1 for the radio
Now the Ram, Uconnect time zone has never worked buy GPS, been in the shop a few times. I think they want to forget it and I can but it should work. Oil change is much better because the filter is now a cartridge style and not canister you have to remove and tilt on it's side to get out, Thank you. The fuel filters are both under the hood (one use to be above the rear axle), this is a mix bag. OK they are under the hood but getting to both of them are more difficult. Yes they have 1/4 turn dump valves with hoses connected to each filter which leads to the front axle point, but you have to lay on top the motor to loosen the tops, and it's not easy. Getting to the dump valves require a double jointed wrist, and is barely done.
Top top off once the fuel filters are replaced, and filters are bleed at leats 3 times and I did it 5 it starts, great but ........... the next time I try to start it it cranks a good while so I stop it. Bleed again and then start. Now I find out that the filter cap design is known to trap air. So the fix is to drive it for 4 to 8 hours to ensure it bleeds out all the air. Note: I did drive it up and down a 1/5 mile steep hill so it would use more fuel and maybe expel the pocket, it did not
The Jeep Uconnect works fine with time zone changes but cannot seem to know who is driving the car. If I get in first all good "most" of the time, I say most because it will still every once in a while try to shift over to wife. This is pissing me off because it's not usually pushing the setting 1 on the drivers door panel. Next why do we "have" to have separate radio settings, it's set fine on 1 but you have to do a duplicate for 2, 2 cannot use setting 1 for the radio
Now the Ram, Uconnect time zone has never worked buy GPS, been in the shop a few times. I think they want to forget it and I can but it should work. Oil change is much better because the filter is now a cartridge style and not canister you have to remove and tilt on it's side to get out, Thank you. The fuel filters are both under the hood (one use to be above the rear axle), this is a mix bag. OK they are under the hood but getting to both of them are more difficult. Yes they have 1/4 turn dump valves with hoses connected to each filter which leads to the front axle point, but you have to lay on top the motor to loosen the tops, and it's not easy. Getting to the dump valves require a double jointed wrist, and is barely done.
Top top off once the fuel filters are replaced, and filters are bleed at leats 3 times and I did it 5 it starts, great but ........... the next time I try to start it it cranks a good while so I stop it. Bleed again and then start. Now I find out that the filter cap design is known to trap air. So the fix is to drive it for 4 to 8 hours to ensure it bleeds out all the air. Note: I did drive it up and down a 1/5 mile steep hill so it would use more fuel and maybe expel the pocket, it did not