FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2006 Bayliner 195 3.0 I/o and when I have the trim all the way down the boat steers perfect. When I bring it up for more speed my steering becomes stiff and hard to turn. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
I have a 2006 Bayliner 195 3.0 I/o and when I have the trim all the way down the boat steers perfect. When I bring it up for more speed my steering becomes stiff and hard to turn. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
I would check you gimbal ring and pin for play. With the boat on the trailer and the drive raised a bit, not all the way. Grab it and see if you have play anywhere. Try raising it and shaking it. Have someone in the boat looking at the transom to see if something is loose when you shake it