Stator

blue fin bass dominator

Seaman Apprentice
Would anyone know what stator I could use to replace my OEM. It's a 1988, 507Y8C US Marine Force 50hp. I've read in the forums where guys have used a stator that was different but they were able to make a different one work. One guy had installed one with 6 wires and was able to swap wires around until he started getting spark to the plugs and his motor ran just fine, he just taped up the extra wires and I believe he said the new one he used had less coils on it than the OEM had. Mine has 20 small coils on it with 5 of them a totally different color than the other 15. could someone help me with a part number for a stator I could make work? My particular stator does not exist anywhere so I need to improvise. Getting this boat running means a lot to me because before I quit using it 20 years ago, I used it with both my children. They both are now deceased and I'm desperately trying to get this thing restored in their honor because they loved our time together in it. Please, if anyone can help, please comment or reach out to me. My email is jbmharley@hotmail.com, my name is Brad

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Brad, Crowleymarine shows this stator for your motor.

Here is the rest of the parts for your motor

You may even find it as aftermarket made by Sierra or CDI

blue fin bass dominator

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you very much for replying sir. I will check them out now.

blue fin bass dominator

Seaman Apprentice

WOW! That is definitely my stator. Thank you so much for replying to me. It's just short of $600.00 so I am going to continue looking for an after market one that will work. I have tried CDI and they don't have it so off to Sierra I will go. At least if push comes to shove, I know where to get it from now. I will shop Crowley Marine if I need anything else for it though. I'm running in to the outrageous prices for about everything on that particular model. But I have a place to find parts thanks to you! I appreciate your help man.