FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
When I connect my battery the starter engauges. I disconnected the key switch and it still does it. Anything I need to look for besides a short in the wiring harness?
You have a bad solenoid or somehow +12 volts is being fed into the small "S" terminal on the solenoid. Using a voltmeter, check that terminal. If 12V is present, you have a wiring problem. If not, you have a bad solenoid.