Starcraft Garage B&S. (boat and other stuff to talk about)

dozerII

Admiral
Canada better warn these guys using 8 heims in their off-road suspension kit.;

Do you need to change to tie-rod ends to satisfy them?

Nope they want a rubber style bushing end, just won't tell what is okay. The inspector actually said I can do anything I want after is is approved for the road then it is not their responsibility anymore.:playball::frusty:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I see new bumpers and reflectors on the headlight buckets. What else did you have to add/change, Glen?

dozerII

Admiral
I see new bumpers and reflectors on the headlight buckets. What else did you have to add/change, Glen?

Lots, amber reflectors front red rear, hazard lights, park brake, mechanical speedo, (no GPS), brake warning light, front and rear bumpers, have to get the windshield etched by the glass company with acid etched mark saying it's safety glass, shift indicator, to tell you what gear your in, and still waiting on the Heim Joint fiasco.:couch2::popcorn::popcorn:

GA_Boater

Get a knob with PRNDL on top, just like a floor shift stick.

How did I ever learn to drive a 3 on the tree without a light telling what gear I was in? :facepalm:

GA_Boater

Did he miss the lack of airbags? Who did the inspection, the one on the left or the right?

preston.PNG

Last edited:

dozerII

Admiral
Get a knob with PRNDL on top, just like a floor shift stick.

How did I ever learn to drive a 3 on the tree without a light telling what gear I was in? :facepalm:
No kidding, and in 1929 this Essex didn't even have the shift pattern on the shift knob.

Oh ya and I forgot they also wanted expanded metal put on the gas and brake pedal so they were anti slip :facepalm:

dozerII

Admiral
Okays guys not really sure what happened, but at 4:45 yesterday afternoon I got a call from the Gooberment guy saying I could go into Vehicle Registries this morning, when they opened and my Vin Number would be active, could pay my $73.00 for a year registration on vintage vehicle. she has 60 miles on here already and handles like a dream. I do need some ear plugs though this old guy is not used to loud exhaust.

WOOO HOOO

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Congrats!

Goober came to his senses and cleared the way? Meh, who cares, its done :becky:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
that thing is sweet!! be sweeter hauling a starcraft! Can I turn a used keg into a gas tank for my boat? we need a video to verify the noise also! you went from pics mandatory to appease the mod to HD video....

dozerII

Admiral
Congrats!

Goober came to his senses and cleared the way? Meh, who cares, its done :becky:

Thanks John I'm still doing this.:frusty:

Super good news right there! :thumb:

Thanks Rob

that thing is sweet!! be sweeter hauling a starcraft! Can I turn a used keg into a gas tank for my boat? we need a video to verify the noise also! you went from pics mandatory to appease the mod to HD video....

Thanks gone, too much power an no traction to pull the starcraft:rolleyes: video isn't HD but here ya go.

GA_Boater

I know what happened. King started to foam at the mouth because he wants to hang out the passenger window and drool all over the RR. Either that or bite Sgt. Preston! LOL

Now you can drive around the flatland and not keep an eye out for Mounties. She sounds good!

dozerII

Admiral
I know what happened. King started to foam at the mouth because he wants to hang out the passenger window and drool all over the RR. Either that or bite Sgt. Preston! LOL

Now you can drive around the flatland and not keep an eye out for Mounties. She sounds good!

That's it, Thanks GA

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Congratulations Glen, sure looks like she cruises really nice and sounds like a real mean machine.

Tnstratofam

Commander
WooHoo Congratulations! Looks awesome! Bet you have a blast driving that thing down the road.

dozerII

Admiral
Great to hear they came thru for you.. Nice vid.. Sounds great..

Thanks Decker

Congratulations Glen, sure looks like she cruises really nice and sounds like a real mean machine.

Thanks John, it handles better than any of my expectations

WooHoo Congratulations! Looks awesome! Bet you have a blast driving that thing down the road.

Thanks Dave, it is a blast to drive, now if the rains would just stop so I can drive it.

dozerII

Admiral
Here ya go GA, I put 260 miles on her since last Wednesday, My Buddy is giving his son a lecture at the start of the video.