Starcraft Facelift

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Re: Starcraft Facelift

Pete, aint it funny how that happens. The day we bought our boat, we went and bought some stuff for it since we knew it needed work. So I was only worried about certain things, my wife wanted to buy everything all at once. After buying what I had thought was EVERYTHING, along the way realized there was more that I needed. Now trying to squeeze the money for the rest of the parts out of her, is like trying to squeeze juice from a dried up lemon. LMAO!!! Any how like I said before your boat is looking great, keep the pics comming. In the meantime take a peak at my thread and let me know what you think.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=539233[/URL]

Cody

Yeah, thats why I just buy things without telling her. :p

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Agreed! I'd like to obtain optimum trim on this boat, and not have to pull a groin when I enter shallow waters. :) My boat drafts 8" and the motor dips down over a foot.

The difference in performance between my previous boat without TnT and my current boat with TnT with similar motors.....is night and friggin' day.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

The difference in performance between my previous boat without TnT and my current boat with TnT with similar motors.....is night and friggin' day.

Thats good to hear Ease, cause I am dealing with some porpoising right now (on another thread). I am about to install my tach as soon as I get my console re-vinyled and back in place. Once I do that Ill figure out what prop I need, and then in the winter time Im going to install a CMC (God willing). I get tired of moving the stop pin in and out when people get off/board my boat.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Okay dudes, I got some more pics of the rig. I was using her today, and she didnt give me any issues! Although the old '67 could use some new shock dampers!! And by the way, boy what a rough ride we had today with 15-20MPH wind gusts and just the two of us. Boat seems to ride much smoother with 2 other people in the front!

P5041179.jpg

P5201296.jpg

P5041187.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Looks entirely functional to me, cool:cool:

Even catches fish (bait):D

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

That came out nice, really like the all the carpet.

And you know you can ignore Jas he's too busy cutting up glassers to get any fishing in anyway.:D

64osby

Admiral

Sutor, nice facelift, sure looks better than Rosie.

Glad your out fishing.

Tthomp3

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your carpet job looks great. Im going to carpet mine tomorrow and was wondering how you carpeted your deck? did you start in the middle or on the end? What was the process for laying down the adhesive?

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Thanks a lot guy!! I took my time on her and am glad that I did.

@ Tthomp, it really is quite simple. I got some outdoor carpet adhesive from lowes. Then what I did was lay the carpet in place, and trim the rear carpet close to it's final shape. (I left about 1-2" slack around all the back edges. Do NOT cut the front carpet at this time. Now what you do, is flip up the rear end of the carpet, being careful not to shift the carpets location. Put the glue down on the rear 1/3 of the boat, then gently roll the carpet over the glue, using a roller to get out any air bubbles. Let the glue dry for an hour or two. You dont want to walk on wet glue because it will take the shape of your foot. Then glue the next 1/3, let dry, and so on. Really quite simple if you take your time. For the front, you may again have to trim it down leaving 2" of play. I trim the left over 2" off once the carpet is set.

kfa4303

Banned

Sweet boat and nice Startocaster avatar. How long you been playing? There are several of us here with quitaritis in addition to our mutual boat addiction.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Sweet boat and nice Startocaster avatar. How long you been playing? There are several of us here with quitaritis in addition to our mutual boat addiction.

Thanks man!! I love my strat. It is an American Deluxe. Never regret that purchase!!

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Oh, and been playing music all my life, but guitar for just over 5 years. And I like to call it "string fever" :D

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't wait to be out on the water.
I play drums and have a Chieftain. Now we just need a bass player with a Holiday and a keyboardist with an SS. :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Well, I have an Islander and can rock out on the air guitar:D

kfa4303

Banned

"String Fever" is perfect! I've been playing guitar for about 20 yrs and couple other instruments on the side. I've played my trusty old '93-'95 Japanese '57 reissue for years now. It's "seafoam" green with the old timey single layer, white plastic pickguard. Nothing fancy, but I love her. Gotta have that Fender twang! Just got done learning "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits. Very fun. Very clever arrangement/and solos and all done with finger picking on an electric (strat). Mark Knopfler at his best. Also been working on a song called "Vicarious" by Tool. Not hard per se, but several different time signatures and lots of subtle little licks, but very fun. It's in drop D so has a nice thick, booming sound to it too. Uh.......were talking about boats, or something? Anyway, boats and guitars are awesome! We must get a floating jam band together for any and all official iboats events. Somebody's gotta have a donor toon we can convert to a stage. Keep on pickin' and grinnin' ;)

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Sweet Kfa! I must say that the lead part(s) of Sultans is a lot to learn. I dont exactly have that song under my belt, but if I played it more regularly I think Id remember more of it. Im going to show you a little secret..... http://justinguitar.com/en/ST-322-SultansOfSwing.php That is the way to learn that song!!

Those older Jap-Strats are sicccckkkk man. And I love the Sea Foam as well. Straight out of the 50-60's. Now that I finished both of my durn boats, (and sold one) I can actually play more again. My strat was thinking about walking out on me. Poor girl. :(

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Since it's my thread, I can jack it. :cool:My main stage rig....

PA100033.jpg

marshallcab.jpg

I had a '63 Ampeg Reverberocket that I sold and bought this boat with. Wish I still had it, but it just didn't float as well.