starcraft 72 Jupiter 16' tinny rub rail damaged, need to be replaced.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Re: starcraft 72 Jupiter 16' tinny rub rail damaged, need to be replaced.

how much do you need just one section or a full boats worth?

If you just need the insert wefco rubber model 0101g

you can also buy 10foot sections on great lakes skipper

Send a pm to Jasoutside he may have a little he can sell

Full boat; the rail too damaged for just the rubber.

The rail is two pieces a U piece against the hull and another that fits over it. If you look at the pic closely there's two pieces that run from bow to stern. My wife jackknifed the trailer and the boat rolled sideways several times down the freeway. So both sides are heavily damaged but the hull is water tight, what a boat!

So, there 16+ feet long. I guess I could buy 4 ft sections but would have a seam in the middle that I don't now. I was hoping to have one solid piece. I not concerned about it being a classic just functional. I was hoping to find maybe a solid rubber piece and mount itf

I'll pm to Jasoutside.

Thank for your reply

SigSaurP229

Commander

Jas doesnt have a full rail.

Unfortunately the only way you will be able to get the full rail is from a donor boat, even less so fortunate it isnt going to be cheap

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

... My wife jackknifed the trailer and the boat rolled sideways several times down the freeway. So both sides are heavily damaged but the hull is water tight, what a boat!

:eek:

sHEESH!

I hope that noone was injured!

Do you have anymore pics of your rig?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Bummer about your rail there, rats. If rolled your boat over going down the highway, I think you are in great shape though!

Yah, I don't have any of the rubrail channel but I do have some random sections of rubrail insert.

Check into Great Lakes Skipper, they have a variety of channel/insert kits that might work as full replacements. Very spendy though.

Otherwise, like sig said, you'd be looking for a fella who is going to scrap his boat for replacements, very very rare.

No one was hurt but jeep & boat; going 60 mph she panicked slammed the breaks into an all out skid. Boat jackniked into the jeep pushing sideway then the jeep did a 180 and the boat was slung from the trailer rolling over and over down the freeway landing up side down. Crushed the rub bars, windshield and amazingly only road rashes the 70 hp Merc. I was ok to drive but I had been drinking beer and didn't want to chance getting pulled over.

Like to add some pics but it's in the narrow side yard where I can't get enough space to get some decent pics. Maybe later. If I come up with a solution not mentioned I'll post.

Thanks

jbcurt00

Staff member

Too bad you're so far away. I might be able to come up w/ 2 full length pieces, but I have no idea how we'd pack it, nor how we'd get it cross country w/ a slight bend and 16ft+/- long. Freight in a tube??

Look up a method of transit & I'll see what I can come up w/

Anybody got any ideas?

Shipping something that long is risky. I had a 16' RV awning roll UPS shipped once and it was bent badly. It was replaced but the rub rim won't be.

Thanks anyway

jbcurt00

Staff member

Exactly ^^^

Planning an East coast driving vacation soon? :facepalm:

Love to take a E coast road trip with my travel trailer but wife's health is not up to it. Also AWOL is punishable by nagging!

Thanks