Starcraft 21' Mariner That's no longer for sale

barato2

Commander
Re: Starcraft 21' Mariner That's no longer for sale

pretty sure the reason for the reversed shifter is so they can mount controls originally designed for side panel on starboard side of console. but why? is there some reg requiring right hand shifting and throttle? i'm pretty set on putting my controls on port side of console so i don't have to do the reverse thing, unless there's some reason i shouldn't.

like the new seat. just be sure it's securely fastened down and back is securely fastened to seat....we had an exciting moment on buddy's Whaler with similar setup once when back came loose at full throttle

64osby

Admiral

That is a nice one, 64. I'm so jealous of all you tailors out there. : Is the seat wide enough for two? And even a 21 footer needs more storage.

I'm not a Taylor, but I can do Industrial sewing. Seat is a little tight for two, not bad for one of the kids and me, or a good reason to sit close to the Admiral. Love the added storage.

That setup is identical to my old 82 center console 18 Sylvan Rodmaster, my welded aluminum box/bench came plumbed as a live well. Same vinyl covered plywood console, man you even got the same shifter mounted in the same place, just remember reverse is forward:eek:

It was plumbed as a live well, came off a pontoon. Yea, F/R is labeled wrong, but I don't read instructions much. lol

pretty sure the reason for the reversed shifter is so they can mount controls originally designed for side panel on starboard side of console. but why? is there some reg requiring right hand shifting and throttle? i'm pretty set on putting my controls on port side of console so i don't have to do the reverse thing, unless there's some reason i shouldn't.

like the new seat. just be sure it's securely fastened down and back is securely fastened to seat....we had an exciting moment on buddy's Whaler with similar setup once when back came loose at full throttle

It would be really nice to have controls mounted on the face of the console, more walk around room. I know the cables come straight up to it, one less big bend to mess with?

Back has 2 - 4' screws in each side, I raised it up and didn't put the third screw in. I'll keep an eye on it. Who's driving the boat?:eek:

barato2

Commander

hmmmm....i'd already been toying with the idea of top-mounted dual controls so i could control my kicker from console.....if you could use the clearance around a console on 21' hull, i'm sure it will be even tighter on an 18'

64osby

Admiral

The controls just kind of stick out there. It's really not bad but w/ kids moving around sometimes...

There is 20" from the base of the console to the edge of the hull

If I ever re due the console I would look at keeping the base the same and build an inset area for the controls, Make for a cleaner look.

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

What a nice boat and a sweet deal! I bet you've already had at least $500 worth of fun with it. So if we deduct that from the purchase price...a few more fun outings and that thing is throwing off money! Good luck and enjoy.

64osby

Admiral

Krichbourg - This boat may have already paid for itself in family time and memories, by the end of summer we'll be rich.:cool: The kids will be skiing for sure.:D

Thanks

64osby

Admiral

I was bouncing around different threads today and I saw this.

The wait is over! Teleflex selected the following to participate in the their XTREME Mechanical Steering Field Test:

rickdb1boat
lncoop
Kinchafoonee Bob
Triphammer
Big Bubba
64osby
seakingbob
Ldavidgrover
jasoutside
byteman

Congratulations to the lucky participants!

YEE HAA :D This is so cool.

I was just looking at the crack in my cable casing yesterday wondering what I should do with it.

I would have known sooner but I haven't check one of my email accounts for a week.

Looks like I'll be learning how to replace a steering system.

Thanks very much Teleflex.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thumbs up on the free steering. I'm glad the Starmada is well represented in the winners list.

barato2

Commander

they wanted to test their new steering on boats that would LAST a few years, eh?

64osby

Admiral

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

SWEET 64!!! Congrats!!

A race? Hum, this could be a close one...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

SWEET 64!!! Congrats!!

A race? Hum, this could be a close one...

Oh gosh, 64 has a steering console, steering wheel, engine, everything in place. Shoot he even has a deck to walk on for the install! Yah, he's got me for sure:redface:

All the same...

Yur on 64!:D

64osby

Admiral

Oh gosh, 64 has a steering console, steering wheel, engine, everything in place. Shoot he even has a deck to walk on for the install! Yah, he's got me for sure:redface:

All the same...

Yur on 64!:D

I also have 16 of the 18 oak trees the power company cut down that I need to finish cutting and splitting. Might sell some of the butt logs.

I think I'll throw that in on my side to try and even it up a little.

That should give me some incentive to "get er done".

Here's the biggest one. All the others are 18" or larger and all were over 50' tall.
IMG-20120407-00129.jpg

How's that sound Jason?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Good wood right there man!

Yah, I too have lumberjack duties. I'm entirely out actually and I like to be two full years ahead. So, I have 12 full cord to cut/split/stack in June. Ugh, I need more hours in the day....

64osby

Admiral

Went to the local scrap yard last week and found a few usable pieces of aluminum. One of them was way up in the pile and it took some effort to not fall in the mess of scrap, but it turned out be be exactly what I wanted.

I paid $5.00 for three 4' tubes. I used about 2/3 of one tube on this, so it I have about $1.00 invested. I had the other materials laying around.

I installed 10 aluminum cup holders on the boat.

4 like this
MarinerCupholders.jpg

2 like this
MarinerCupholders3.jpg

And one run on the front console seat
MarinerCupholders2.jpg

Took a couple hours with my son helping, cut, deburr, sand, rivet and install. Cheap, effective and solved an issue on this boat.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Looks like an excellent, cheap, and visually pleasing way to keep a cold one handy!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I installed 10 aluminum cup holders on the boat.

How to turn a Mariner into a mini van. :facepalm: Good thinking and very bottom feeder, 64. They will keep beverages at hand. Nice and simple - I like.

barato2

Commander

GA, at least we're not seeing DVd player screens.....yet ;)