FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Well heres the scoop, spoke with the factory. Up to 2012 no downrigger brackets, 2013 will be available.
Spoke with my dealer and they are going to custom make them. If anyone is interested I will post a picture after delivery.
Huh? They've have down-rigger mounts for the Sport Traks for a while. They're not the same as the ones that you can mount rod holders and other things to. They mount in the inside track, go over the top of the gunnel and screw into the outside track with about 12 screws and grommets. The down side is any one with a snap cover either can't use it or they have to take out all those screws every time they use their down-riggers. I was quoted around $90 a piece a few years ago for my first Explorer.
Well the boat is home, my dealer made aluminum mounts which turned out great. If I can figure it out I will post pics.
I can say Im not impressed with the sportrak mounts. Its a good idea but I had a hard time getting them in place and they are not what I would call easy to move.