Sport, sport and more sport

Re: Sport, sport and more sport

Hey dunaruna, we are pretty much up to date on the cricket matches, DNA, the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and Genie wishes. How about an update on the Tour De France. ;)

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lance Armstrong won the individual time trial and will win his 7th tour! Unbelievable! I don't think there will be anybody to rival his record for a long time.

Triton II

Commander

All Hail Lance! What an amazing sportsman. Makes a lot of the Olympians seem fairly ordinary IMHO.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Today is the last day. Lance has a lead of about 4 minutes. Barring an accident, he can't loose.<br /><br />Yesterday was an individual time trial - sort of like a rally car 'Hill climb'. Lance won, it was his first stage win in this tour and his first race win this year (each day is classified a full race within the main 23 day race).<br /><br />John Kerry followed Lance yesterday in a car. Publicity stunt :mad: <br /><br />Aldo

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> <br /><br />John Kerry followed Lance yesterday in a car. Publicity stunt :mad: <br /><br />Aldo
:mad: :mad: I thought we were done with having to look at that stilted bozo! I guess he is just trying to keep some face time in the event he decides to further show his lack of reality by running again in '08.<br /><br />..and BTW, congrats to your John Howard for standing up and giving the world a good shot of reality with his recent comments on middle east sponsored terrorism. :)

Dunaruna

Admiral

I must confess Boom, I have not watched the news in over a week. Did he make a speech with Blair?

Hey dunaruna, and dunaruna only, I thought this thread was about sports not politics. ;) ;) :wink:<br />ping

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> I must confess Boom, I have not watched the news in over a week. Did he make a speech with Blair?
Yes, right after the second London bombing attempt. It did the Brits good to hear another straight up man with backbone, not to mention the rest of the world.<br /><br />BTW do I hear a pest fly buzzing around? :rolleyes:

Dunaruna

Admiral

Hi Ray, <br /><br />that's what p#sses me off, politicians trying to ride the coat-tails of sportsmen in an attempt to get their melon heads on the tube :confused: