Sport, sport and more sport

Dunaruna

Admiral
It's that time of year again - <br /><br />Wimbeldon, Serena bows out :( <br /><br />Ashes tour (curtain raiser games have begun, the 'ashes' tests begin 15th July), the pinnacle of world cricket (Go Aussies!!). England finally have a team of some note, maybe? Aussie got whooped by Bangladesh but dished out a whooping of their own in the return match.<br /><br />Tour de France (begins 2nd July), Mr Armstrongs' final tour - surely the greatest endurance sportsman ever. A legend.<br /><br />Aldo

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Sport, sport and more sport

Aldo<br /><br />No "maybe" about it.<br /><br />This year the England boys are going to give you Aussies such a butt kicking. Not hard when the Aussie selectors have sent over a team of old men.<br /><br />Remember '81, Ian Botham & Bob Willis well 2005 is going to be remembered for Freddy Flintoff & Steve Harmison.<br /><br />BTW the first test starts on 21st July at Lords.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Don't count your chickens just yet RP. We're just getting warmed up.<br /><br />We'd appreciate it if you could keep them english dames away from our spin bowlers ;) <br /><br />Aldo

Stratosfied

Ensign

Ya'll must be crazy, as SEC football don't start till last of August or very early September! ;) :D :p

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Aldo<br />Whats this "spin bowlers" (plural) you've only got one and to be honest our English girls prefer a younger man who's not going quite as thin on top. :D :D

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

The only sport I get caught up is SEC football. My favorite team is the University of Alabama Crimson Tide; however, I watch just about any SEC team. Living in Tallahassee, I kind of root for the Seminoles, but they are a distant favorite to my beloved Tide.<br /><br />My wife knows that on Saturdays during college football season, she shouldn't expect much from me from 11am until 11pm. She, too, enjoys college football, so we don't have too many problems.<br /><br />I don't watch the NFL, NBA, Baseball, etc. I will watch a game of soccer ("football") from time to time, but that's all the sports I will watch.<br /><br />RTR.

Twidget

Commander

Dumb question, didnt it used to be 'Roll Tide'?

Dunaruna

Admiral

I was hoping that the 3 different international sports currently being played on the world stage would spark some interest, my bad.<br /><br />Here's a little tidbit for you football lovers - in the great land downunder, we have what is called 'aussie rules' football. There is currently an amateur competition being played involving many countries - including the U.S of A. Unfortunetly, because it's amateur it won't get any media coverage.<br /><br />RP, we only need one (singular) :p <br /><br />Aldo

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> Dumb question, didnt it used to be 'Roll Tide'?
It's still Roll Tide, occassionally Roll Tide Roll.<br />
IraqBama.jpg

tommays

Admiral

f605432d.jpg
<br /><br /><br />we love tour time every year and it should get great TV coverage this year<br /><br /><br />lances main man George Hincapie started on this very track on long island as a junior but was to good not to go to the big time fast<br /><br /><br />tommays

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> I was hoping that the 3 different international sports currently being played on the world stage would spark some interest, my bad...<br /><br /><br />Aldo
No good deed goes unpunished. ;)

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Aldo<br /><br />Brett Lee eats dirt avoiding a bouncer from Steve Harmison<br /><br />
20050628_18_52674462cm017_natwest_serie.jpg
<br /><br />The whole Aussie team should take a note on Brett's style because they are all going to spend most of the summer in this position. On thier knees in front of big Steve. ;) ;)

Dunaruna

Admiral

You got it all back to front RP, he's assuming the position so that the poms can kiss his ar#e :p <br /><br />Wait till he get's hold of the ball, can you say - HOW IS HEEEEEEEEE!!!<br /><br />Aldo