Spinning,VS, Baitcaster

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Spinning,VS, Baitcaster

My brother let me try his baitcaster once. Almost made me swim home! Those things are evil!<br />Garcia Mitchell 300 is still my favorite, though newer spinning reels are OK too.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Definately prefer spinner. I have an Abu that works very well, and Mitchel that works just as good. I have a Quantum baitcaster, and got to the point of having minimal birdnest action, but to be honest I am so used to fishing with a spinner that I just don't bother with the baitcaster. I am much more accurate with the spinner, can cast farther, and no tangles. That is worth the slightly slower casting process. I'll probably get another stick and make a flippin' rig with the baitcaster, thats about the only use I can think of for it, which is too bad because I paid a good amount of cash for that thing...

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Spinning reel, here....<br /><br />6 of my 7 poles have spinning reels (Abu Garcia's, old Mitchell's, Shakespeare's, etc..). 1 has a Quantum baitcaster, and I deligated it to my daughter to use. There is a certain art to using a baitcaster. 90% of the time, I end up in "birdnest city". My daughter likes it and uses it, so it's all hers.<br /><br />Butch A.