Spell checker? We don need no stiknnig splel ceekchr!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
I cdnulo't blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh, and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Spell checker? We don need no stiknnig splel ceekchr!

I have seen this before, but not here. It is really amazing how fast you can actually read it, even with the letters all mixed up. Funny how the human mind works.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Looks like my posts before I edit them the first time .

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

There's a trick. Most words are six letters or less, right? Well words shorter than four letters can't be scrambled without changing the 1st & last letter. Four-, five- and six-letter words can't be messed up too badly.<br /><br />What amazes me is that we can read at all. Especially those of us with a Louisiana public school eddykashun!

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> ..... Especially those of us with a Louisiana public school eddykashun....
I understand that feeling. I are a product of the Garland Independent School District, right here in Texas, and it is a wonder I can rite this at all.