Speaker Size??

McVee1

Cadet
I have a 2006 Sea Ray 200 Select and need to replace on of the bow speakers. Does anyone know what size fits? If I were home, I could just measure it, but I'm at work until Tuesday and would like to order it now so that it would arrive by the time I got home. I THINK it's a 6 1/2", but I've found that quite a few sites sell a 5 1/4".

dockwrecker

Lieutenant
Re: Speaker Size??

Bet they're 5 1/4. 6 1/2's haven't been used too much since the 80's.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Bet they're 5 1/4. 6 1/2's haven't been used too much since the 80's.

other way around i'd say. 5 1/4's are somewhat oddball and not used a whole lot any more. For EVERY boat install I've done, as well as most vehicles, I always recommend 6 1/2's. Better speakers, better selection, and usually cheaper than 5 1/4's.

anyway, to the OP... Second poster is exactly on. Doesn't matter which size, buy 6 1/2's and cut to fit if needed.

mpsyamaha

Petty Officer 1st Class

other way around i'd say. 5 1/4's are somewhat oddball and not used a whole lot any more. For EVERY boat install I've done, as well as most vehicles, I always recommend 6 1/2's. Better speakers, better selection, and usually cheaper than 5 1/4's.

anyway, to the OP... Second poster is exactly on. Doesn't matter which size, buy 6 1/2's and cut to fit if needed.

i agree... i have changed out/installed speakers on a lot of boats, and 90% are 6.5" speakers. all newer model boats that i work on.

dexterd

Cadet

6.5" in my '09 weldcraft that is the most common size, or at least it was when i shopped around.