Soooo Hungry

NathanY

Commander
Breakfast- 1 Bowl of fruit 1 bottle water<br />Lunch- 1 bowl of salad 1 bottle of water<br />Dinner- 1 chicken breast 1 cup of steamed green beans 1 cup of steamed carrots 3 glasses of iced tea.<br /><br />I cant live like this. Dieting sux. I want a big nasty greasy cheeseburger. This is only day one. Please tell me the hunger pains will go away.<br /><br />By the way, I LOVE my new steamer. I didnt know green beans and carrots could taste so good.

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: Soooo Hungry

Nate I forwarded a pic of a Crappie caught by my old boss here in IL. Hope you like it.

sangerwaker

Commander

Hey Nate, do you like garlic? One of my favorites is steamed fresh green beans with some sliced garlic. Squeeze a little lemon or lime juice on and yummmmm. Delicious.<br /><br />Does your diet allow potatos? Steamed baby reds are really good too.

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey Nate<br />Best of luck to you on your diet! If I could eat that much each and every day I would actually gain weight. Grass isnt any greener on the other side of the fence! :( <br />Wanted to backup sangerwaker:<br />
Hey Nate, do you like garlic? One of my favorites is steamed fresh green beans with some sliced garlic. Squeeze a little lemon or lime juice on and yummmmm. Delicious.<br /><br />Does your diet allow potatos? Steamed baby reds are really good too.
Youngest daughter called one night about 10 years ago and said,hey dad you have got to try this..Garlic on steamed green beans... ewww if you like garlic you will love it.. I'll try lemon with it next time.<br /><br />Anyway... what type and brand of steamer did you get? And why? Been thinking about getting one.<br /><br />Tnx Link

tylerin

Commander

Look at the bright side your saving a bundle on toilet paper :D Hang in there dude.

NathanY

Commander

Link, I got the 24.95 Black & Decker steamer that WalMart had. Why? Well when you boil vegetables, you lose all of the nutrients. Canned vegetables IMHO, have no nutritional value, and too much sodium. I went to a boffet one time that had steamed veggies, and I loved them, so I had to buy a steamer. I can cook fish and chicken in it, but havent tried yet.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey Nate - if you can do it, I'm going to do it too.. Maybe we could start an Iboats "Belly Off" club???

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

And?... What are we doing about the "move more" part?.... Diet alone won't help much..<br /><br />Sitting here in front of the puter ain't moving, Nate....<br /><br />Start walking.. Do a mile a day this week.. Next week, two miles a day... You need to get to where you can walk at a brisk pace for at least 30 to 40 minutes, or more, a day.... <br /><br /><br />You will feel better...

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Nate in Arkansas:<br /><br /><br />I cant live like this. Dieting sux. I want a big nasty greasy cheeseburger. This is only day one. Please tell me the hunger pains will go away.<br /><br />.
NOPE!<br />I guess I've been dieting for about a month and a half now(-20#) and I'm still fricking STARVING

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by jsfinn:<br /> Hey Nate - if you can do it, I'm going to do it too.. Maybe we could start an Iboats "Belly Off" club???
That would be better than the online tournament. I need to lose 50#s.

JasonB

Lieutenant

I could drop 40# myself. shure would have more energy and likely less back pain. Haven't changed diet too much yet (not horribly bad), but have started walking and light weight training.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> And?... What are we doing about the "move more" part?.... Diet alone won't help much..<br />
Like I said in the other thread, I've recently lost about 40lbs with very little exercise. I just eat less and drink lots of water. I still eat junk food too...just less of it. A couple times a month I get bored and go for a run, about a mile later I start having chest pains and wonder what the hell I was thinking and go lay down. :D I try to stay under 2000 calories per day, before I was eating 2500-3000.<br /><br />Nate - a couple more weeks and your stomach will shrink, it will be much easier.

aspeck

Staff member

I need to get serious and drop about 60 lbs! Man, it used to be easy to drop the weight, but now as metabolism slows, it gets harder and harder. Problem is, I love to eat, try new foods, etc. and when something is good, you just have to have more! Guess I need to change thought patterns and eat to live instead of living to eat, but that just ain't as fun!

Link

Rear Admiral

Nate I was wondering about which one you have because like you Im going on a diet soon also. And really enjoy steamed food and you seem to be happy with your steamer. <br /><br />Tnx Link

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I need to lose about 50lbs myself. <br /><br /><br />I just switched to replacing half my normal food with salad-seems to work quite well.

NathanY

Commander

Good grief, we are a bunch of fat a$$es arent we. My doc asked if I was active, I told him that I'm a competitive athlete, he said what sport, I said FISHING! He just shook his head.

gaugeguy

Captain

6%20dollar%20burger%20ad.jpg
<br /><br />Don't even think about it :rolleyes: <br /><br />Drink more water, Lardo :p

ehenry

Commander

Hey Nate, this may not mean a whole lot coming from me since I've never had to watch my waist line. BUT....a couple of my buddies wanted to loose some weight and the started following Weight Watchers...its a points system i think. They still got to eat pretty much what they wanted just that the portions they ate weren't as big.