Soooo Hungry

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Soooo Hungry

Good luck to ya Nate.<br /><br />Been on enough diets to know that if you eat the right things you can reduce hunger pangs. Little meals or snacks 5 times a day works for some people. Water is essential to losing weight and reducing hunger. Also, give yourself a couple of weeks, it takes time for your matabolism to shift. You'll wonder after awhile how you ever ate so much before.<br /><br />My daughter and my Mom have been on weight watchers for over a year, both have been extremely successful even when they have a few days of cheats. Mamma has lost nearly 70 pounds and my daughter lost over 35 and both are within 10 pounds of their goal weight. They eat a whole lot more than what your listed above too. I've eaten some of their recipes and they're great. Its a safe diet and changes the way you eat forever so you don't gain it back again.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

My wife did Weight Watchers On-line for a while. She lost some, but she didn't like the whole "point" system. <br />I needed to lose a couple pounds as well as some girth myself. <br />So we bought the South Beach diet book and cook book. <br />OMG!!! I didn't know diet food could taste so good!<br />The first 3 days or so were a bit tough. I like my carbs. After that it wasn't bad at all. My stomach shrank, I eat less. <br />AND IT WORKED!!!<br />It is similar to Atkins, in that the first two weeks you cut out ALL carbs. If you actually read the diet book, it will help you understand what causes the hunger pangs. I am now off the diet and using that knowledge to still lose some weight.<br /><br />BTW, I lost 17 lbs and four inches around the waist in one month. I have since lost another 5-10 lbs.<br /><br />You are encouraged to "snack" on certain items. I found the celery/peanut butter filled my void enough to get through any hunger pangs. After we move we are going to go back on the "strict" phase for a couple of weeks and then do the not so strict phase for a while. I want to lost another 20 to 25 lbs.<br /><br />I have several sites bookmarked if you would like the info.<br /><br />(EDIT) Oh and also, you are encouraged when eating your meals to eat until you are full. As long as you eat what is on the list and it is prepared according to the guidelines. I.E. you use Extra Virgin Olive Oil (E.V.O.O.) and not Crisco. <br /><br /><br />AK Chappy

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Diets don't work.......living proof. ;) <br />More exercise and portions seem to work for me. <br />I don't have to give up any of the foods I love, I just eat less of them. :D <br /><br />Good Luck Nate.<br />By the way.......steamed veggies are the only way to eat them.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

No diets don't work to KEEP the weight off. It does take a "lifestyle" change. I did forget to mention, I also stepped up the exercise regimen. But, not to a great extent. I ran 2 miles three times a week, instead of 1.5 miles.<br /><br />If you don't need to use a "diet" to get the ball rolling, more power to you, and you have great willpower. However, a lot of people don't have the willpower to just say "I will eat less" and stick to it. A "diet plan" is nothing more than a guideline to give a tangible feel. People can use that to boost their willpower. All it really is, is a list of foods and preparation methods that won't overload you with calories.<br /><br />IMHO, "South Beach" is not a diet, but a change in eating habits. (if you adhere to the principles of it) It is designed to get you off the sugars and extra carbs. That is the first two weeks. After that, you can reintroduce them. To an extent. <br /><br />AK Chappy

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

You need to have willpower to lose weight to begin with. I can't count how many diets have come and gone. They are all the same. It's not the diet it's the will power. Either you have it or you don't.<br /><br />Some people don't want to give up the foods they love. That has always been the hardest part for me..<br />Why not cut the portions back a little at a time until you are at a level your body can manage. <br /><br />By wanting to go on a diet should prove you have the will power. Enought excuses. Get off the computer and go and...........<br /><br />Exercise Exercise Exercise. A little or a lot it doesn't matter as long as you are getting some.<br /><br />No Diet, Exercise, and portions. <br />My .02 and it seems to work for me.