some ba$tards broke into my moms trailer during the storms evacuation!!! R A N

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: some ba$tards broke into my moms trailer during the storms evacuation!!! R

Those of you with generators that you plan to use for emergency power someday, headzup!<br />Knowing that running an emergency generator outside to avoid asphixiation is a good start, but there have been many thefts of generators in broad daylight. Here's how they do it. Most generators generate more than electricity. They generate noise. So much so, in most cases, that vehicles cannot be heard right outside, over the din. The thieves park down the street, and walk to the generator. By checking the fuel, and noting engine HP and wattage rating, they can determine the length of run time remaining. They return about 45 minutes before the generator is due to run out of fuel. They back thier pickup as close to the generator as possible, grab it still running, and load it in the truck. They then shut it down, unplug the plugs and take off. By the time the owner gets dressed to refuel it, it's gone.<br />I know a Honda dealer here in town that has been both a victum, and has had folks come to him for replacement generators. So use a lock and cable (or chain), and lock it down when operating it.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

12footer, good advise... especially those living in Fl right now. For that matter this advise is for everyone so that we can secure our property and not be a victim of some scumbags.<br /><br />Thanks