Somber news for iboats forums members.

San_Diego_SeaRay

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wow, this is sad news. The help and benevolence of the members on this site is part of the spirit that makes the internet great. Sad to hear that Don, who has always been so helpful, has passed on. I hope his family knows he was cared about by strangers he never met.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Sorry for the loss. He was always a kind fellow offering to help everyone.

MNhunter1

Ensign
Fair winds and following seas... He will be greatly missed on the Starcraft forum.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I was fortunate enough to meet Don a couple times on our way south for some R&R. One time he drove 5hrs one way just to spend a day with us at our campsite. We kept in contact on a regular basis, he's a good man.....
Rest in peace my friend....

For those that would like to see the man behind the helm, check out newly updated page 1.....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I am so saddened to see this news .. Most folks on these forums you may not ever see in person but with all the conversations you have with them you can really sense the kind of person thatā€™s behind the post .
You could tell he was just a really cool guy and a great human being..
He had quite the sense of humor !
Iā€™ve had so many good belly laughs from his post ! Iā€™m really gunna miss that ā€¦
RIP Don and prayers to his family ā€¦

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
He will be missed by us and all future members.
The memories of him will reside here for many years.
Even after his passing he will be posthumously helping all of us with his past posts.
Thank you for sharing with all of us.
Rest in peace.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
RIP Don. Another good one gone. šŸ˜¢

Chris.....

Tnstratofam

Commander
Prayers for the family and friends both at home, and here on the web.
Thanks for all you've done.
Rest in Piece.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
we missed meeting a few years back; life got in the way.

I've met probably close to 100 folks from my various boat forums from the US and a couple other countries and have never been disappointed and have had two become 'brothers' - facebook official brothers. Lost one a few years back (endoman aka richard for any early tht'ers here). While the rest have not become that I do not regret for a minute having met all of them. I have never had a negative experience meeting a fellow boater from 'knowing' each other online.

I've said it many times here and other places - don't pass up a chance to meet a friend (or brother) that you didn't know you had.

Enjoy the finite time we all have here.

Be well friends.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
may ya have the wind at ya back in heaven bro , gonna be missed hope fishing is good where ya at up there:)

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Rest in Peace GaB. Iā€™m absolutely gutted by the news of your passing my friend.

Anyone restoring their clapped-out ā€œtinnyā€ always felt that Don was looking over his/her shoulder providing sound advice and constant encouragement ...no matter how long it took to make it seaworthy again.

Now every time we pull away from port, weā€™ll have the comfort knowing Don is watching over us ensuring our safe return.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Don will be sorely missed by all of us in the forum especially by us Starcrafters. Forever smooth waters and clear skies, RIP Don.

piperjoe

Chief Petty Officer
Don was right there at the beginning with good advice and a welcoming manner when I first started my boat restoration thread. I felt I had made a friend and still feel that way. Rest peacefully, Don, you will be missed by the friends you have helped here on this forum.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
So sorry to hear of his passing. He was always helpful to me with his friendly advice and suggestions and I appreciate that. I thought he was a fair and balanced moderator too. Condolences to his family and friends.

ab59

Ensign
RIP Don. He helped me several times a few years ago and his advice was always welcom.