Softball Fans, Texas Style!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Softball Fans, Texas Style!!

Didn't see that, MY. It might have colored my judgement, though. What did he do?<br /><br />BTW, if I can't say "hell" without getting scolded, why should you be able to say "dumbass"?<br /><br />It happens all the time at Arlington, GG. There is one guy, ("The Netman"), who snags foul grounders with a fishnet and hands them to nearby youngsters. He gets six or eight per game. Outfielders and Ball Boys are encouraged to toss dead balls (not in play) to kids in the stands. A wonderful tradition. It ought to be tried elsewhere. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> hey JB, actually being the one who "got" the ball<br />is not what this is all about buddy...<br />did you see "dumbass'" reaction when thousands of<br />fans boo'ed his sorry behind?
TSK, TSK MY.<br />Shame on you. :D

ob

Admiral

Other less colorful options<br /><br />-dumbell<br />-dummy<br />-dufus<br /> ;)

grandx

Petty Officer 1st Class

JB, I didn't watch the game nor see replays -yet, just read the media this morning and I know how those guys can slant things, so maybe it's not as bad as it has been written and someone should stand up for this fellow. No crime being a jerk.<br /><br /> I had to read your last post a couple of times... are you talking about a law suit? I'll bet your right! This fellow strikes me as the type of guy who would bring a frivolous lawsuit over a $3 baseball and a 4 year old, to salvage his upstanding reputation??? I'll bet he's been on the phone all day with lawyers who are just as respectable... <br /><br />He actually did more for the kid keeping the foul ball, Nick now has a Nolan Ryan signed ball - Heck, I'd knock over a herd of 4 year olds for one of them.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Story writen from "bad guys" perspective...<br /><br />Man puts himself in harms way to save 4 year old from getting hit with foul ball.<br /><br />At the ballgame yesterday, a man tried to prevent a foul ball from hitting a 4 yr old boy sitting in front of him. When he leaned over to deflect the ball, he slipped and ended up accidentally pushing the boy. When he collected himself, he picked up the ball to give to the kid. Immedately the childs mother began assulting him both verbally and physically. After that the man was too upset to remember to give the ball to the 4 year old boy. He eventually had to leave the game because many fans mistook his actions as inccorect, and he was threatened by others.<br /><br />Written by Kenimpzoom GNN staff writer

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I didn't scold, I removed it for you though. I was just joking with you. I don't feel that you did anything wrong to tell the truth. I even encouraged you to remove it if you desired. It was just a joke sir, and I am sure you realized it. Nobody was mad at you for your comments, we were just having fun with you, playing boss you know.<br />I am sure that most everyone here has utmost repect for you and the other mods. Mine is a little bit more for you because you don't hide behind a different name.

JB

One good joke deserves another, KB :)

ob

Admiral

Well what do ya know.Just heard on the news that the old boy was going to give the youngster the ball.Another happy ending. :)