So, what did you do today?

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Built a boom for my skid steer. My skid steer is at my daughter's new home work site. Will have to see if it works.

Still need to get a couple of cables or chains to hold it back into the bucket.

The sun is shining, maybe I should take some pictures.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Do you hire out? I'll give ya room, board and cash to clean either of my shops...😄

You do not want anyone cleaning your shops!!! No offense Mr Grub! You are the only that knows where everything goes.
The Admiral and 2 grandkids decided to clean ours ONCE. It took me weeks to find a cordless drill. When I asked her where they put it; "Somewhere in the garage"!

Finally got all the meat processed; no hamburger or sausage needed for a long time.

Seesaw weather again. M 50s; T 29; W 70s; T30s; F possible Snow; S ad S high60s.

Only in Texas!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Heck, when I clean my shops I cant find anything either...now, when they are a mess I can tell you under which pile the J/E anylizer is, I can tell you within inches of where the little adapter thingy for the old ac delco distributers is...but put it in a drawer and its lost to me.

When my customers mention the messy shop I just say "ya want me to clean the shop or do ya want to go boating tomorrow?"...I guess it's like relaxed grooming standards-if your really good at what you do and have a stellar rep you can get away with alot more...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
20181213_141237-2268x3024.jpg welded on the "tie down eye" there on the top of the what would be the winch post on the hydraulic tri toon trailer. I think it should have had one from the factory. Painted it mercury phantom black to keep the rust down. These are awesome trailers by the way. Two seasons on this one so its moved several hundred boats and no wear to speak of..

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well, since I bought my ford edge in august ive been so anal about its appearance.New vehicle syndrome I quess.So yesterday I went out for some shopping and noticed something off about the back bumper.Yes! some ahole hit it with a cart I guess and scrapped it up but good.Bet the entire parking lot plus a good section of the city heard me let out a string of curse words.Being a newer suv with a gorgeous paint job im not going to tackle repairing it myself.So I stormed off to my ford dealer to see how much to fix.Looks like just a touch up fix will be 140 cnd and if I go for the proper full bumper respray it would be about 5 bills.At least its plastic and wont rust so I have time to decide what to do .

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Well, since I bought my ford edge in august ive been so anal about its appearance.New vehicle syndrome I quess.So yesterday I went out for some shopping and noticed something off about the back bumper.Yes! some ahole hit it with a cart I guess and scrapped it up but good.Bet the entire parking lot plus a good section of the city heard me let out a string of curse words.Being a newer suv with a gorgeous paint job im not going to tackle repairing it myself.So I stormed off to my ford dealer to see how much to fix.Looks like just a touch up fix will be 140 cnd and if I go for the proper full bumper respray it would be about 5 bills.At least its plastic and wont rust so I have time to decide what to do .

They don't stay new long! My daughter bought a new Dodge Ram Hemi in '16. Had it less than an hour;was on the freeway going home. Truck in front of her picked up a chunk of concrete; dented the hood; and shattered the W/S. The truck had 42 miles on it.

82rude

Rear Admiral
I hear you.If I did it as in self inflicted I would be a lot less ticked off.In the big sceam of things its not really that bad and should fix up ok .
31444989607_0b6d05e600_c.jpg

WIMUSKY

Staff member
You got your first ding, so that's out of the way..... The first is the toughest.....;):)

82rude

Rear Admiral
Considering I frequent logging roads etc im surprised I stayed a virgin for so long.:D STILL, ITS A BUMMER !

sam60

Captain
Sorted 40 years of hardware and transfered IMG_4589.JPG from zip-lock bags to storage bins...6 hours. Now that I can find everything, I will never need it.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Must be a fancy label maker...looks great. Wish I had the gumption to do such a job...

sam60

Captain
Must be a fancy label maker...looks great. Wish I had the gumption to do such a job...

An old Dymo that I've had for years. Started getting into the heavier stuff today... long way to go. You would not believe the stuff I couldn't throw away or sell. Anyone need an original 414 Sawzall in original case? Just an example but this job will do me until I can get back to employment.

sam60

Captain
Once I get done with the garage in a few weeks, Ill work on the stuff in the 12 x 10 well house and the 2 trailers behind it. rsz_img_4600[1].jpg