Smartcraft SC1000 and vesselview calibration

silver_power

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello from Greece,
I have a Cobalt 303 with twin 377Mag's Axius. The boat till now had analog gauges with AGI interface and vesselview. I changed the dash setup and now the boat has SC1000 smartcraft gauges, 2 tachos , 1 speedo, 2 trim gauges, 2 multigauges for fuel, oil press water temp and volts plus the vesselview. The 2 multigsuges are connected with the vessleview's system link outputs, one for port and one for starboard, and the trim gauges are connected with the system link outputs of each tacho. The speedo and tachos are connected to propriate junction boxes. Now it is time for calibrations, trim and tank as well. Concerning trim calibration, i have to callibrate it at both tachos AND vesselview or only to tachos and then the vesselview will be callibrated automatically? Is possible the trim gauges to be callibrated and show accurate readings and the vesselview readings no to be accurate?
Concerning tank calibration, i have nothing done yet...The tank now is about half full, the port tacho show 0% fuel level, starboard tacho show 47% fuel level and vesselview show 0%. The boat has one fuel tank with one sender connected to starboard engine with the paddle, fuel harness. What calibration must i do so both tacho and fuel gauges to show common readings ? Vesselview has calibrations for fuel tank for each engine. But i have one tank for both engines. How can i have the same reading to all fuel gauges and vesselview???
Thank you very much.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Hello from Greece,
I have a Cobalt 303 with twin 377Mag's Axius. The boat till now had analog gauges with AGI interface and vesselview. I changed the dash setup and now the boat has SC1000 smartcraft gauges, 2 tachos , 1 speedo, 2 trim gauges, 2 multigauges for fuel, oil press water temp and volts plus the vesselview. The 2 multigsuges are connected with the vessleview's system link outputs, one for port and one for starboard, and the trim gauges are connected with the system link outputs of each tacho. The speedo and tachos are connected to propriate junction boxes. Now it is time for calibrations, trim and tank as well. Concerning trim calibration, i have to callibrate it at both tachos AND vesselview or only to tachos and then the vesselview will be callibrated automatically? Is possible the trim gauges to be callibrated and show accurate readings and the vesselview readings no to be accurate?
Concerning tank calibration, i have nothing done yet...The tank now is about half full, the port tacho show 0% fuel level, starboard tacho show 47% fuel level and vesselview show 0%. The boat has one fuel tank with one sender connected to starboard engine with the paddle, fuel harness. What calibration must i do so both tacho and fuel gauges to show common readings ? Vesselview has calibrations for fuel tank for each engine. But i have one tank for both engines. How can i have the same reading to all fuel gauges and vesselview???
Thank you very much.
Sounds like your “tacho” readings are analog, i.e. reading directly from the sender.

Vessel View is sending digital, ie calculated data. As such, you need to calibrate vessel view separately for each system.

silver_power

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, i made the tank calibration to VV according instructions and the fuel gauge worked fine. The port fuel gauge show empty, which is normal, since only starboard engine is connected to tank fuel sender. So far, so good with the fuel gauges......

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
The port fuel gauge show empty, which is normal, since only starboard engine is connected to tank fuel sender.
Surprised they are not jumpered together.
I have two tanks (Main and Aux) sharing a common fuel gauge.
Has a selector switch to choose which tank I want to monitor with the guage

alldodge

Staff member
The manual list tank cal starting on page 1-18

Attachments

• Smarftcraft Manual.pdf
    429.9 KB · Views: 1