Smart Tabs

belairbrian

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi guys Want to take the dolphin fin off and add smart tabs.
Main goal is decreasing bow lift on acceleration.

My Setup: 86 1850 CC 140 johnson v4

Here are my questions.

Where do you have them mounted (pics would be great)
Steel Smart tabs or Composite SX Smart Tabs The price on the SX versions is very inviting.

Luckily I can run on the river (usually like glass) to try things out.

Also planning some bay runs in Destin area to do some diving.

belairbrian

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Smart Tabs

Well I ended up getting the Steel 60lbs. $99 on EBay. Got the port one installed tonight. I should get the other one on tomorrow. I've got to pick up a couple of lock nuts. The kit was short a couple. Also got the Navigator trolling motor mounted.

Bifflefan

Commander

Well I ended up getting the Steel 60lbs. $99 on EBay. Got the port one installed tonight. I should get the other one on tomorrow. I've got to pick up a couple of lock nuts. The kit was short a couple. Also got the Navigator trolling motor mounted.

For that price you could have gotten the good ones on here and had the tech support also.

belairbrian

Petty Officer 1st Class

What do you mean by "good ones"? If you are referring to the blemish SX ones in the Iboats store, these are the same company just the steel instead of plastic. These are Nauticus Smart Tabs ST1290-60's. The store has them at $189.The guy on Ebay has a boat store in Jersey. He just also sells on Ebay.

Tech Support doesn't really help when it's missing nuts. I can pick them up easier and quicker than trying to go back through Nauticus and wait for them to ship a couple of 5/16 lock nuts. But it would have been nice if all the parts had been there. These were new in sealed packaging. Someone just messed up and forgot to put the nuts in the bag.