Ski Pylon / tow bar for Bayliner Capri 1900

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
Hi guys, i have a 1985 Capri 1900 with outboard. Do you know of a good Ski bar that will fix and attach well.

IMG_0178.jpg

Birdpainter

Recruit
Re: Ski Pylon / tow bar for Bayliner Capri 1900

Mine has a simple set up with a 48" solid bar pylon that slips into a base screwed into the floor and to the bottom lip of the storage bay. About 1/2 way up there is a set of supports that angle back and bolt through the transom on either side of the motor. The iBoats Swivl-eze looks like an upgraded but similar design.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander

thanks for the reply - i did see one like that - was a little worried about screwing it to the deck b/c the gas tank is right there - about what length of screws does it use and does it fasten securely ?

Birdpainter

Recruit

thanks for the reply - i did see one like that - was a little worried about screwing it to the deck b/c the gas tank is right there - about what length of screws does it use and does it fasten securely ?

I'm not sure about the length (I know that the tank doesn't leak). If the ones you get are too long (greater than 3/4" or so) they could be repalced with shorter SS Screws.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander

thanks so much !