Signature suggestion

8point1

Cadet
Just a friendly suggestion:

Have the administrators ever thought of cutting down the signatures? I am a member of about a dozen internet forums, one being vwvortex (one of the biggest online) and iboats has some of the largest signatures I've ever seen. Multiple boat pictures, huge fonts, etc. As you scroll down, almost a third of the page is taken up by them.

IMHO, I think it takes away from the forum's purpose and takes away from its value. When I come to this site after others, it still makes me shake my head that this is allowed. When I'm on a slow computer, it takes so long to load all that stuff. Notice I'm not complaining about the ads, I know they need to be there.

And I'm not suggesting doing away with the signatures all together. But no images, maybe a 12 point max font and a character limit. I think it will really clean up the forum and add to its value. We have user profiles and avatars, what do we need to put more pics and info in the signatures?

Anyway, just ranting. I really like iboats and there is a lot of very good information on here. I just hate seeing the content being diluted down by these signatures. Take a look through The Car Lounge, another v-bulletin forum and arguably one of the most active car forums online:

VWVortex.com - The Car Lounge

matt167

Captain
Re: Signature suggestion

Plenty of forums are worse, and the reason for listing boats in the signatures is, someone can reference what kind of boat you have when you ask a question, so most people have 1-5 lines of info which I do not find unreasonable. Moderators/ Admins usually have an Iboats logo and some people do have small banner pictures but nothing as distracting as other websites.