shut down

akelley

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
3
I have a 94 sea rayder w/sportjet 90. <br />after putting it in the water and running for about 20 min. it shuts down, and wont start back for 3 or 4 hours. After shutdown, fuel is pumping to the carbs, and there is spark at spark plugs but no fuel to sparkplugs.After trying to start, plugs are dry w/carbon. With plugs out only air comes from cylinder when turning over. <br /><br />Could this be a vacuum problem?
 

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
4,807
Re: shut down

Something isnt right cuase there is no reason why it should do this.<br /><br />I think your fuel pump is bad, or there is trash in the gas tank.<br /><br />It may be pumping fuel, but it might not be enough fuel.<br /><br />While trying to start, spray some gas/oil mix in the carbs to see if it will fire.<br /><br />I suggest you rebuild the fuel pump, its easy to do.<br /><br />Ken
 
Top