Shrinkfast shrinkwrap gun.

mogfisher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey folks. I'm going to buy a gun to do my own shrinkwrapping. I have 3 boats and I'll always have boats so I figure its a good investment. I'm looking at the shrinkfast 998 but I was wondering what the difference may be between someone selling it for 575 like jamestown, or 1200 like wholesale marine. That's a bid difference so I have to think there is a difference between them. Any ideas?

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Shrinkfast shrinkwrap gun.

I think the difference will be the length of extension provided, so make sure you check that, you will find extensions for those are almost as much as the gun itself and could be the difference your seeing.

For instance the lower priced one could be just the gun itself at $575 where as the $1200 one would have a 4' or 6' extension included, although I could be completely wrong!

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've had a few very negative experiences with Wholesale Marine... So while I can't explain it, I wouldn't think twice about the "why" of the price difference; just order it from jamestown or whoever is cheapest and reputable.

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hair dryers work great, and cost a good deal less than heat guns and weed burners ... ;)

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander

The guys that wrapped my boat said the single biggest thing about the gun is the extensions or extensions you get with the gun.
And the fiberglass tank is a lot lighter than the metal variety.