Show your Truck/ Tow vehicle

brother chris

Commander
Re: Show your Truck/ Tow vehicle

Well, I will post mine if I remember....no internet at home yet. If this thread keeps going for a week, I take a picture when I get it all set up at home. <br />I am just waiting for the modem in the mail...should be here on Friday. <br />BUT...NO LAUGHING! <br />Some idiot broke into my truck...smashed the rear side window and then could not reach the door handle, so he used a screwdriver(or something) to make a nice big hole next to the door lock...then the idiot cracked open the steering column...but still never stole the truck. Guess he does not know how to steal a vehicle. <br />I still have not fixed the window...but have a security device which you will all love :D when you see it. The only person who will really see it, is when he breaks into my truck again. You will understand when you see the pic. :D

4poco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

boat.JPG

Pony

Rear Admiral

brother cris...Now i cant wait till you post that pic...im in suspense. I hope this thread keeps going so we get to see it.<br /><br />4poco... I love it when the tow vehicle matches the boat. It just looks so much cooler.

4poco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks... I am very proud of my outfit,worked hard for it.......

JasonB

Lieutenant

Her's my main TowBeast, a '99 F-150 Lariat with the 4.6l with the V-195 hooked up and ready. In the background is my baby towbeast, a '92 Ranger with V6 and you can barely see the tongue of the fishing boat that the Ranger pulls (They Match!) <br /><br />
1rig.JPG

Skinnywater

Commander

My main tow vehicle is a hardtop WranglerYJ that does great local.<br />This is my heavy duty tow vehicle that either pulls the Caballo around or is under an 8' self contained cabover.<br />I finished the frame-off resto about 2 years ago.<br />A '74 F250 RangerXLT "Camper Special", factory tool box and 2 fuel tanks.<br />I dechromed it right, everything new/rebuilt, show quality interior, '74 Mercury 460-4V with an RV cam, dual glasspacs :eek: , R134, PioneerCD sound, SEM "tint to match" spray in bedliner, SS bed caps and fender trim.<br /> This bad boy stays on a solar charger and is under cover these days.<br /><br />
watermark.php

Kenneth Brown

Captain

MY tow vehicle matches Noels new one almost exactly, mines baby chit brown though. Been doing quite a bit of towing with the wifes Expidition lately. With its 5.4 and 373 w/towing package it gives the beast a run for its money. It will actually outpull the beast till you hit about 6000 pounds. After that the beast will walk all over the new ride.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Now i am wishing that my boat and truck combo matched better. my emerald green truck and the blue boat cover dont match up too well. i guess i couldve gotton gray canvas, but i wanted the more durable cover for trailering

gonefishie

Commander

This is my truck with the boat<br />
P8210105.jpg
<br /><br />Build right here in our backyard in Princeton, IN<br /><br />
P8290106.jpg

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Aldo, in our suburb, we have a business called Maracoonda and he takes L Hook trucks and converts to R. They go all over Aussie, but there is only ever a handful there at one time.<br />They are private imports, not new off the shelf. <br />My Texan mate had one done about 5yrs back (F150) and it set him back $17,000, which was just short of the origonal purchase price. <br />The only one we can buy off the shelf here are from Ford and they are the F250, made in Brazil. Most have the 7+L v8 diesel although you can order and wait for the 5.+L petrol. The price is pretty high, and they don't seem to be of the standard in finish/style etc I am seeing in the photos above.<br />I mean, just look at bubacats wagon, and Jasons too, and gonefishie.....I'm green with envy.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Pony

Rear Admiral

10000590bo.jpg
<br /><br />I don't exactly match LOL...just behind the boat is the motor stand i made yesterday. Man i wish i matched like some of you.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

IM001113.jpg
<br /><br /><br />2002 Chevy Silverado 4.8L have added a tonneau cover if dealer doesn't get me a title soon i will be getting a different one<br /> :mad:

Pony

Rear Admiral

Phil, what do you mean by style and finish?? do you mean to say that down in Austrailia the vehicles paint jobs are differnt? If thats true thats pretty inderesting, since you wouldnt think that they would be all that different from ours except steering wheel location. I also find it interesting you have so few options for trucks down there.....i would've thought that you'd have at least some base models, like an f150, or silverado 1500, or even a dakota or ram 1500.......I really do feel for ya. i love my truck

JasonB

Lieutenant

Phil, the Holden Rodeo doesn't look too bad and I kind of like the ute type vehicles.<br /><br />Trucks used to be utilitarian vehicles. Vinyl everything and no options. Times changed when people started buying trucks for everday family haulers. My F-150 is behind the times compared to the new styles. Even being 6 years old, it is chock full of stuff that used to be truck taboo when I was a kid. Leather seats, 6 disc CD changer, nice ride, etc. I do give up quite a bit of horsepower to the Dodge boys like Bubba and SBN or the Toyota guys, but I make it up in gas mileage :D Do like the Dodge style though.<br /><br />I would be happy to downsize, but nothing else that I deem safe enough to pull my boat gets any better economy. That's why the Ranger stays around. It gets better economy and is a pocket rocket with its V6/5spd.<br /><br />Deputy, Many days I would rather have your '83 or Noel's truck than my '99. This truck was my dream truck (could easily be happier without leather), but I hate seeing it sit in the driveway or garage 6 out of 7 days a week some weeks. I hate seeing a nixe truck that cost that much sit...

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Had a heck of a time finding a hitch.<br /><br />
ford_gt_2004_01_m.jpg

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Pony 85<br />When my texan Mate bought his F150 (with the 1 suicide rear door)in new 5 odd yrs back, it had a very nice interior, what we would call a luxuary interior. The paint was quite different in its finish too.<br />The guy at Maracoonda that does the L to R conversions drives past our place in the truck he is finishing (going into town for Roadworthy checks, muffler fittings etc) and they look totally different to the F250 that is available to us new.<br />Tex recognises the makes and models and tells me "that's a little Chevy Love Truck" or whatever. <br />The F250 that we can buy seems pretty basic. They are made for the tradesman/farmer and I don't think I have yet seen one that stands out as a really neat looking truck.<br />Jason,<br />the Holden Rodeo isn't to bad, nor is the Toyota,<br />but you have to buy the 4x4 as the 2x4 Petrol is once again a tradesmans vehicle. Pretty basic. I am unsure if our Toyota is as large as the T. Tundra above. I looked at our Toyota and it is a bit narrow in the front seating, and if my memory serves me correctly, the tow capacity was either 2 or 2.5 ton.<br />Our biggest seller (in big vehicles 4x4)is the Toyota Landcruiser, and the 2nd (I think) is the Nissan patrol. Both have a tow capacity of around 3.5tons, so you can pull a decent sized boat.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Pony

Rear Admiral

geez boatbuoy<br /> at least u'll have enough hp and torque to pull whatever you want to. If only you had a longer wheelbase.........<br /><br />phil<br />just curious how long does it take to make that conversion?? can you guys get after market stuff, like hood sheilds and window vent visors and nerf bars and the like??

Pony

Rear Admiral

CC05_DR1S41_2TS_PR4_APA_XXX_XXX.jpg
<br /><br />this is what i want<br /><br />specs....<br />500 hp, 525 ft. lb of torque, 505 cubic inches, 508 watt stereo system<br />Viper powered w/ 8.3L V-10 engine<br />7500 lb towing capability<br />High-performance four-wheel disc brakes