Show Us Your Old Boat!

CATransplant

Admiral
I posted the photo below in the Stupid Human Tricks forum, where it caused lots of laughs and stories about other folks who have boats that aren't, shall I say, of the new and shiny type.<br /><br />I know there are lots of folks here who have older boats that they love, but that aren't beauties. Let's see 'em, folks! We can stand up and take our places in the world of boating, too!<br /><br />Boating is for everyone. If you don't know how to post a photo, go to my profile, click the web page address and send it to my email there. I'll host it and post it for you.<br />

garkyii.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Show Us Your Old Boat!

This is my father-in-laws boat. I will post my old boat's pictures later. <br />
is.php
<p><br />
is.php
<br />
is.php
<p>

Jeff Quigley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gimme a quick description of how to load up the pics. I've got one to show.

CATransplant

Admiral

Basically, your photo has to be hosted somewhere on the internet. Then, in the Full Reply Form, you click Image and you can enter the URL to the photo. It's easy, but the photo has to already be on the web. If you can't do that, email it to me at mirahome45@yahoo.com, and I'll put it on my website for you. It won't show there, but I'll send you the url for it.<br /><br />NOTE: This is for old boats for this thread only, not a general invitation. I have only so much web space.

Linc33

Seaman

Cool thread. <br />Here is my Old Boat. I do love the old ones too. Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of all the nice (...or not so nice) Old Boats that iBoaters are having fun in.<br /><br />
BoatOnTrailer.jpg
<br /><br />
InMotion.jpg
<br /><br />
BoatInWater.jpg
<br /><br />-Linc33

Surffx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

http://xs37.xs.to/pics/05282/oldboat3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

CATransplant

Admiral

Nice Surfxx, but I think we're talking about boats we're using, here. Yuck!

Jeff Quigley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK. I'll give this photo thing a try. This is a 1970 Fiberform boat that I purchased with a cousin in the summer of 2004. She was in need of a lot of work as both motors were shot. Got it for a good price but then my relationship with my cousin "ran aground". He was nice enough to buy back my half and and that's the last I've seen of him and the boat.<br /><br />
Fiberform_28_profile2.jpg
<br /><br />As you can see the interior was a little "retro"... <br /><br />
inside_to_bow.jpg
<br /><br />So, I decided to just stick with SuSeaQ. She's a Canadian made 1990 Cadorette Holiday 210. Fifteen years old and still sexy! It's time to move up in size due to the kids getting older. She will be missed when we sell her ... but a family that boats together, floats together.<br /><br /><br />
SuSeaQ_small.jpg
<br /><br />Jeff

bekosh

Lieutenant

Here is my '72 Seastar from when I first got her.

Before1.jpg

Before2.jpg

Once I finish fixing her up (hopefully this week) I'll get some new photos.

Last edited:

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

1973 Larson XL-5. Love the lines.<br /><br />Here she is as received. The paint was in quite decent condition, other than significant chalking on the deck. Fiberglass was in good shape overall, but if something was wood, it was rotten. <br />
DCP_0587_2.jpg
<br /><br /><br />All polished up, with a few things left to mount.<br />
DCP_1097_2.jpg
<br /><br /><br />In the water; proof that it floats.<br />
DCP_1139_2.jpg

thunderroad

Chief Petty Officer

I was gonna post a couple of pics of my 69 Formula F-190 but all I get is the red X in the square box.<br />What am I doing wrong?

Surffx

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry CATransplant I just couldn't resist. And sweet boat 357 that is slick. Seriously here is the oldie I gave up for a new one. It was great 1962 Glasspar Citation and its what got me hooked on boating.<br /><br />

fireman57

Captain

CAT, monoshock's dad has my boat exactly except mine is all green with no gelcoat whatsoever on it. I gotta get a picture of it.

Jeff Quigley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

BH357 - That is one sweet looking ride. Beautiful lines!<br /><br />Jeff

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is my friends Larson 1961 I think.<br /><br />
066392.jpg
<br /><br />Craig

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

Surffx, that is one sweet Glasspar there. Too bad you had to give it up to get the new one. One question, what is that hanging off of the back. It looks like an old Merc Inline 6, but I can't be positive from that angle.