Show us pics of your Hurricane

wekz1

Recruit
Re: Show us pics of your Hurricane

Hi All. New to us 2006 Hurrucane 226RE. Yamaha F150 4 Stroke. Purchased last spring in PA As a Fresh Water Boat, Moved to Sea Isle City NJ. Had to seal and Paint Bottom for Salt Water. We use it exclusevly on the ICW. What a Sweet Boat. Had it up to over 40MPH last summer with throttle to spare. With 6 (not so lightweights) on board Very Comfortable!

Attachments

• Project12.jpg
    Project12.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Project13.jpg
    Project13.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 0

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Hi All. New to us 2006 Hurrucane 226RE. Yamaha F150 4 Stroke. Purchased last spring in PA As a Fresh Water Boat, Moved to Sea Isle City NJ. Had to seal and Paint Bottom for Salt Water. We use it exclusevly on the ICW. What a Sweet Boat. Had it up to over 40MPH last summer with throttle to spare. With 6 (not so lightweights) on board Very Comfortable!

Welcome aboard... Great looking boat.

Friend has an 02 228RE (early picture I posted with the 4 boats in it) and its a great boat. He's topped 50+ with his 200. Lots a room and a great, fun boat.

Mason M

Cadet

Gang,

My new sleeping quarters, and sun pad! And I thought a deck boat couldn't get any better! I can't wait to sleep out on the lake!

samagy16: The sub makes a huge difference in my stereo system! I also added an ipod docking station...

hurricane%20006.jpg

hurricane%20002.jpg

hurricane%20004.jpg

hurricane%20008.jpg

hurricane%20007.jpg

I love your sleeping quarters. I asked my guy to duplicate yours, he said it would cost about two grand.... If you don't mind, what did you pay for your tent..

ShadowB

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's mine.

2008 GS202FD
4.3L 190 HP
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• In Boat House~1.JPG
    In Boat House~1.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Hurricane 2.JPG
    Hurricane 2.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 0

bear_69cuda

Commander

SWEET!!!!!!

Any pictures of the engine bay?

How does it run with the 4.3?

What a beautiful covered dock!

ShadowB

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I need to take more pictures, mostly have pictures of the family. The 4.3L runs great and I have no issues with it. Plenty of power and I like the fact it doesn't burn a lot of fuel. Like anything else you do notice the consumption is higher pulling skiers etc. But at cruise it does great. I haven't had it WOT as it's still in break-in. If going a long way I normal cruise between 35 - 40 MPH (gage). It's my first I/O so took a bit of getting used to trimming it, maybe it's me but trimming an OB feels more natural.

Cuda I love that tent set up you have - this lake has a lot of boats and I've never seen that before. I asked the dealer here and he never heard of a tent for a "Cane". If that is something you came up with I think you could sell those!!!

Navarre Trojan

Recruit

Bear,
I would LOVE some information about your 'custom' job here. The tent is really, really neat. I also want to purchase the bow pads, but have been unable to find them anywhere. Suggestions? I know that buying for Hurricane's is a tricky business, they want all your money!!

baxtr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well looks as if I am the newest Hurricane owner...

2011 202 Sundeck Sport 220 HP 4.3 Mercruiser Alpha.............Love it!!!!, from a 1986 Bayliner Capri 1950 with a Force 125 to this Cadillac :)

6332049529_af04c06942_z.jpg

6332799868_31e3945b2c_z.jpg

6332800304_8801ecf240_z.jpg

6332815524_129fe933d2_z.jpg

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

2011 202 Sundeck Sport 220 HP 4.3 Mercruiser Alpha.............Love it!!!!, from a 1986 Bayliner Capri 1950 with a Force 125 to this Cadillac :)

Nice looking boat. I love the sunset photo.

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Beautiful boat you have there........congratulations on joining the Hurricane Club.

certainly an upgrade from your previous boat.

Hello everyone.

This is my first boat that I own personally. My dad always had boats when I was growing up, and I think when I was in college I was in it more than he was. So After 12 years of struggling, we finally managed to get our own boat.

Its a 2004 Hurricane GS-201, with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke. We really lucked out on this one. The boat was owned by some Snow-Birders and was hardly ever run. I had them hook up the motor to the PC and it only showed 52 hours on the motor. They had just done $600 service to the motor doing full oil/lube change, low end service and cleaned out the injectors. Took it out for a short test run and man it purrs like a kitten. Theres not a mark on the motor anywhere. Looks brand new. The boat is in fantastic condition too. Everything looks brand new on it too. They had it stored on their boat lift with a full cover on so its in terrific shape.

Heres a couple of pics. I need to take some more, maybe later today.
WP_000708.jpgWP_000709.jpg

baxtr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks Awesome!! Hope you love it as much as I do mine, I did want to get those fishing seats up front like you have but didn't want to wait to pull it off the showroom floor LOL, may still do that someday, right now I'm afraid to have the kids hook the seats so we fish on my mom's pontoon.

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's a nice looking boat and trailer. Post a ride report once you get it on the water.

Enjoy!

That's a nice looking boat and trailer. Post a ride report once you get it on the water.

Enjoy!

From the test drive the other day I can say. The 115 is OK. It would do much much better with a 200. If I had bought it new, I think its worth it to upgrade to at least a 150. The 115 does a decent job though. Its just after you get the boat on plane, theres only maybe 1000 rpm's left on the motor. Would be nice to have more power but I will get used to the 115 and love it just the same.

The boat runs very smooth, turns well, is easy to dock.

I spent the day installing my new Humminbird 597ci HD DI fish finder/GPS Plotter. It was pretty easy.
Tommorow im installing the Tie Downs to the trailer so the back end of the boat doesnt bounce goin down the road.
Also gonna install the on board charger I got. The boat already has a battery switch and 2 cranking batteries. Also has one trolling motor battery. So I got this 3 way charger from Bass Pro. Hopefully it will work without any issues. We will see.

I finished up everything on the boat today. I got the Tie Downs installed. Then Installed the on-board charger. I was able to fit in nicely in the battery compartment. Then once I got everything pretty clean, I put the cover on. Its all ready for the lake this weekend. Cant wait to get out there and burn some gas thru this thing.

I hooked up the charger and it only took about 2 hours to get all 3 batteries back to fully charged. They were pretty close as it was. I will have to see how long it takes to charge after a full day on the water. Its just a 5/5/5 amp system, so I dont expect it to charge too quickly. Im leaving it on charge until saturday.

Played with the new fish finder/plotter a little today too. Man that thing is nice. Has alot of good features and plenty of screens/view combinations. Wish it wasnt so expensive though. But I needed it.
Got the lake master navonics chart too. I hate paying extra for something that should have come with it, but it is a BOAT (Bust Out Another Thousand).

I think I have everything I need now. Only thing I might be changing will be the trolling motor. Its only a 54lb thrust Minn Kota. Hopefully it will be ok. I really dont wanna spend another thousand on a trolling motor right now. Next year, I dont mind.

Heres some pictures from today.

WP_000743.jpg

WP_000744.jpg

WP_000745.jpg

WP_000750.jpg

WP_000747.jpg

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks great. Where did you mount the fish finder?

theres a great flat spot in front of the gauges on this model boat. Perfect spot.
gps.jpg

cooleyo

Cadet

Hi all, new to the forums and to boating. Just put a down payment yesterday on a 2004 211GS with a F225TXR. Buying it from American Yacht Sales in Dickinson, they mostly deal in auctioned repos. Gonna be a couple weeks before I can take ownership because they have a few minor things to repair, service the motor, buff and wax, and also build some new cushions as some were in bad shape. I appreciate all the information you guys put out there for us newbs to learn something. Cant wait to get it on the water, will get better pics when I can.

2012-04-26 10.52.41[1].jpg2012-04-26 10.53.49[1].jpg2012-04-26 10.55.15[1].jpg

Last edited: