Should Ken move to Thailand

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Should Ken move to Thailand

Only the west coast was hit, and Thailand was by far the best equipped to handle the problem. They will be rebuilt in 6 months tops.<br /><br />Wife and 2 year are there right now having a great time in the Northern part.<br /><br />Ken

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ken,<br /><br />We took 3 & 6 yearolds to Okinawa for 3 years - they loved it and still talk about it.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Lifes an adventure live it, the kids in my opinion will benefit from the different cultural experiences, <br /><br />Good luck whatever your decision

Twidget

Commander

I voted yes. I grew up around the Air Force. We lived on Guam for a few years and visited Japan regularly. I had the time of my preteen life there. I still remember it. Some of the Japaneese I learned as a young child actually came in handy when I returned as an adult in the Navy. <br /><br />My FIL was in the Army and my wifes family spent time between the states and Europe. From what they say, they wouldnt take anything for the experiences.<br /><br />Good luck on making the best decision for you and your family.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ken you do what you think is best for you and your family.<br />Family comes first anytime.<br />Can't add much to what has been said already, so good luck with what you choose to do.

crab bait

Captain

ain't voting republican wonderful..!! <br /><br />there's tons of USA owned jobs in that part of world.. ya just havta GET there to get one..

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Ken, if you go, could you send back some Thai Stick please. Perhaps others here may enjoy some too!<br /><br />Thank You in advance!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Personally I would not leave the US. With the consistant unrest in Asia, and its proximity to Korea is a negitive in my mind. 4 years isn't that long, but long enough for you and your family to become victims of whatever group decides Thailand would be nice to occupy. Tough decision Ken.

dolluper

Captain

If you leave get a contract that they pay return fights home for some hoildays you can demand that,it might make it a more worthwhile ventrue and keep all parties happier plus some big out of country boneses hope you all the best if you go

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Update - I threw my name in the hat, so we'll see. I still have mixed feelings, but if the money is right, Im gone.<br /><br />P.S. I'll be on a ski trip next few days, so yall keep it clean. I'll try not to break a leg.<br /><br />Ken

Link

Rear Admiral

Your already in Houston Texas! What more could you want?? :eek: <br />OK I haven't voted yet. And won't until you answer one little question.<br />If you go there will that darn cow bell go away?<br />If yes, then I vote YES ;) <br /><br />Another factor is that the kids are getting old enough to remember long term now. And it may be a chance for them to get to know your wifes family other than just visiting once in awhile.<br /><br />Hope you had a good ski trip... right like strapping two boards to your butt and sliding in the snow is good! :D

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> I am going to sell my property in kitty hawk and move to Venezuela. my kids are gone, one is 20 and the other is 15 and moved out to his mom last summer. got a gal that I have dated for 3 years down there:). my little navy retirement plus the proceeds from the sale of this place should allow me to live decent in south america. and the tarpon and snook fishing is outrageous:) :) . and a plane ticket to the east coast is still less than 500.<br /> so yes I think your move to thailand for 2 years may be good. just think of the stories your kids will have and the expansion of their minds to understand how big the world actually is.<br /> plus if you have any construction knowledge the possibilities will be boundless in the coming years for coastal reconstruction. I have toyed with the idea of trying a construction company in that area. someone will rebuild it and with all that aid money there will be oppertunities to become very wealthy while assisting with the rebuild.<br />good luck and keep us posted.<br /> PS mIRC has a lot of people from Thailand that I used to chat with