Should I do it?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Should I do it?

Jasoutside - I mainly fish and cruise, no tubes or skiers. On another thread I read that a 60 on an 18 footer will perform well. Do you agree. 30 mph is plenty for us. How loud is this 90 going to be in the water? Wife and I love the 40 4 stroke on the SS. Heck, I have a 2.5 Merc kicker thats just as loud.

Yah, based on your criteria you have there I think you would be aok. I suppose I'd rather have the horses and not use them than need them and not have them. If I were to err, I'd go bigger - but you are right, cruising, fishing, top speed a 30ish I think you'd be just fine with a 60.

Love that boat buddy, nice find!:D

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I didn't think that was too loud. I have plenty of time to make a decision. First I have to pull the 90 Rude off the boat for the resto. Maybe I'll go through it this winter. If a sweet deal comes up on something else before I'm ready to rehang it I'll decide then.

Thanks guys!!!:D

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

nice boat! and good plan on skipping the seagull.....why deliberately buy something british?

zigzag

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Man, that's a steal for a grand! motor and trailer alone look to be in great shape.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well it looks like my buddy is taking the 69 Chief to resto her. Got my $300 back:). Looking forward to us doing almost identical boats at the same time. Good motivation!!!

I took the 75 Chieftain to a local marina to check out the 90 Rude and winterize. I alway winterize myself but I want a pro to check this thing out. I'll go through the carbs and paint it this winter. Now I'm going to start looking for some missing boat parts, and Rude paint. That's about all I can do till spring.

See you guys on my new resto thread and thanks again for the advice and encouragement.

Mike