Shopping carts..

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Shopping carts..

Yep Crabby.... Stand in the middle of the isle blocking the whole thing, brain off in outerspace looking at who knows what.... Then they look supprised when ya say "skuse me, can i get thru"... :cool:

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

My brother and I were in my truck getting ready to leave when we noticed a lady with a cart that was obviously NOT going to be responsible. It was a VERY windy day and she was pushing it well away from her vehicle but where it would have to smash into someone else's vehicle.<br /><br />As she drove off the good Lord proved that justice can be tempered with humor.<br /><br />The wind shifted direction and the cart took off like a posessed demon across the lot. Just as the lady backed out of her slot cart zeroed in and found its mark. Hit the vehicle so hard it actually rocked it a bit and we could hear the BANG!<br />Lady got our really upset and saw my brother and I laughing at her like hyenas. It really did a number on the vehicle, not just a little scratch.<br />Heavy cart, lots of sail area and a windy day.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wal-Mart Super Center at 3 in the moring.<br />Lot is plum full of carts.<br />Lot sweeper comes in to clean parking lot.<br /><br />Looks like shopping cart rodeo.<br />He don't get out to move them, he has a job to do, carts go a flying everywhere.<br /><br />Then here come the cart guys, britches have falling off and ropes around their necks.<br /><br />Crabbing them carts as they sail by, sweeper still doing his job.<br /><br />Funny as all get out to watch this.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

We all like machinery that operates smoothly. If you ever get a chance to go to an Ikea store, it's worth it just to check out the shopping carts. They have ball bearings in all four wheels and are smooth as silk. Just the opposite of the square-wheeled jobs you usually get. My grandson took me to my first Ikea. He could stand on the bottom rim of the cart and a gentle push would send him the length of the isle. Crabby-- if you ever see one of these babies, you'll take all your others back and liberate Ikea's exclusively.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Home depo carts do the most damige, a few weeks ago my cousant and I where picking up some stuff, we got out of the truck. Some lady forces a bunch of plywood into a van, and take the big a$$ heavy cart and just pushs it away, hard, right for out truck, I saved it at the last second, the "bed" part when under the truck and the handle was just about it hit it.

phatmanmike

Captain

i do like what everyone should do..then there would't be carts all over the lot.. i put it in the pick-up bed an take it home with me..
lmao

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ryan,<br />I would have told that woman off. I hope someone did. I can't believe the number of inconsiderate a$$es in this world today.<br /><br />Dunaruna,<br />You have to rent your cart :eek: That is a new concept. I don't think it would work here as there is too much competition in the grocery business.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

the newest trend about jersey is to deposit 25 cents to use the cart and get your quarter back by returning it to a bin. work out ok after the public get used to it. i often give the cart to the helper who assisted me or give it to the cart attendant as a tip.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have found that if I get a cart, I will buy stuff I don't need. If I have a list I will stick to the list. If I do not have a list then I will not even get a basket. If I do I will buy stuff I don't need.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

The people that leave there cart in the way while all the way at the other end of the isle bs'ing are what peeve me. I like to take there cart and park it somewhere else and let them find it, its good to see them have to find it.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

LMAO at Kenneth.. I've done that a time or two myself.... :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Now I have been known to do that, only if there is stuff in the cart that looks like I might want it, I will just park mine and take their's and continue shopping.<br />Less work that way for they have done some of it for you already. :D <br /><br />p.s. There is one store, ALDI, that has the quarter rental thingy also.<br />Works good for them, no carts everywhere and put back where they go.