Shift cover broken

cwrhyne

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
May 16, 2018
Messages
52
I just took my boat out of my garage and there is a big hole in the shift cover. I must have hit something lady time out. Will it keep me from going to the lake this weekend? Be OK until I get a replacement? It's on the top right corner.
 

Guirey

Cadet
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
9
Not sure which drive you have, but I doubt it's water tight, as long as it shift's ok I think you would be fine to run it this weekend. A picture would sure help us to see the hole.
 

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
49,038
V-P has been making marine engines for 111 years, since 1909 - Can you narrow it down a little cuz my far-sight is weak today and the cat knocked the crystal ball off the table. :facepalm:
 

cwrhyne

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
May 16, 2018
Messages
52
My bad. 1999 volvo penta 5.7 dp-sm 1.95
I can't upload a picture it says exceeded file size.of 2mb or something.
Ill try again
 

cwrhyne

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
May 16, 2018
Messages
52
[No message]
 

Attachments

  • photo293827.jpg
    photo293827.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 0

dannys2004glastron175mx

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
307
That won't hurt anything that cover is not water tight . But you should pick one up in the future
 
Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
53,241
the shift cover is there really to keep critters from building a nest in the shift linkage area and to make it pretty

however it makes me ask.....what AND how did you hit in that area?
 
Top