FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a Fiber Glass 16 foot Shell Lake boat. I thought it was a 1974, but I'm not sure now.
The HIN # 1666 DR 1007. They say after 1972 all boats had to have a 12 digit number. I'd appreciate any help on this.
For anyone that would like to know! I found the answer to the older boats hin# I thought my Shell Lake was a 1974 the hin# is 1666DR1007. First two numbers is the length (16 foot) Second two are the year (1966) not sure what the DR is last four are the mfg # it's the 1007th one made.