Sevylor HF 280 Fish Hunter and Sevylor Trolling Motor Problem

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Sevylor HF 280 Fish Hunter and Sevylor Trolling Motor Problem

Ok I sent an email to coleman about the amount of air pressure to put in Sevylor boats this is there responce they sent me back. Andy, It works like this: As you inflate the main chamber, the PVC stretches. This moves a strip of material imbedded in the gauge. When the little fabric gauge gets between A and B, you are at the approximate working pressure for the boat/kayak. Thank you,MikeColeman/Stearns Consumer Service Original Message Follows: ------------------------what is the air pressure in a Sevylor FH 360.how firm should how do you read the sevylortest strip can it be used to check air pressure.Like air up first sec to the A mark and the rest to B mark. I have two other people that have FH360 and they need to know too.Thank you Andy.

jw2ministry

Recruit

yes they make a floor kit for FH280. a guy I met oline has a FH 360 and he is making me a pattern of his factory floorboards on a big sheet of paper and sending it to me so I can make mine.

is it possible to get a copy of pattern ?

shelton

Cadet

I just got a Sevylor HF 360 from my brother-in-law. I'm not as agile as 30 years ago and would feel more secure with a floorboard and a wooden seat (like the fishing model boat has). Did you ever finish the floorboard and seat you were making? What size material did you use 3/4" or 1/2"inch? I was thinking 1X10" pine for the seat? Did you attach the seat in anyway? The picture of the Sevylor fishing model shows a vinyl pocket on each side of the boat that the end of the board fits in. I'd like to make these. I have the motor mount and a #47 Minnkota motor. Is it possible to get a copy of your patterns? SH

rkoerner

Recruit

Here are some pictures of the floorboards that I made for my HF 360. They are made out of 3/4" plywood and are covered in astro turf. I took measurements every two inches in order to figure out the proper dimensions.

Attachments

• 0328101905-00.jpg
    0328101905-00.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 0328101904-01.jpg
    0328101904-01.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 0328101905-01.jpg
    0328101905-01.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 0

shelton

Cadet

That looks awesome! Thanks for the tip on measuring every two inches. Is your plywood one piece or did you hinge it? SH

rkoerner

Recruit

It is actually four separate pieces. I had to make the one very small piece in order for the pieces to fit tightly. I originally only made 3 pieces, but the boat got a bit bigger when I inflated the outer chamber (I measured with the outer chamber deflated). You will be able to make 1, 2, 3, or 4 pieces depending upon how portable you want it to be. I chose 3 because I wanted to be able to store them easily. I also used hard foam insulation to put in between the boat floor and the floorboards, as well as foam tubing around the edges.

bobfre1

Recruit

Nice Job!!

I have the same boat, and have been considering making a set of floorboards, but just haven't gotten around to measuring it. Do you still have the list of dimensions kicking around??? If you do, and are willing to share, I'll do up a CAD drawing and post a DXF and/or a set of JPGs for anyone else that's interested.

axo409

Recruit

that gauge still makes my boat seem to soft plus its not affected by the floor. I could let all the air out of the floor and the gauge wouldn't move. there has to be a better way to know what the PSI is in all Chambers.
I have the OEM floor, forget what I paid and there is no way is 3/4" thick. I should measure mine but I would guess 1/2".

axo409

Recruit

Wow! my floor only measures 3/8" thick. I would like 1/2". I wonder if I could add 1/8" to it to make it 1/2" thick. I think my seats would sit better with a thicker floor then again it might be ok since i bought a hand pump to top off the chambers so the floor should be more rigid. I don't like how the floor is shaped in the front and back. It seems to wide and digs in to the boat as you inflate.

The pics are old. I moved the battery from under my seat to where the battery pouch is but I use a plastic battery box and it works out because I finally have a place to mount my fish finder. plus it distributes the weight a little better. I'll get new pic soon.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 0
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 0

axo409

Recruit

I found a pump with a gauge built in but I heard it wasn't that accurate. I don't know what to do.:confused:
http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Elements-Double-Action-Pressure/dp/B000NI7ASO/ref=pd_sbs_sg_3[/url]

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have the patterns that were sent to me of the FH360 floor boards if some one need a copy of them send me you address so i can see what it would cost to send them .I can trace them on craft paper so would be a little lighter . Shouldnt be much just standard mail.

fishboy19

Recruit

Do they still make the factory floorboards? I have been searching online, with minimal success. I only have an apartment and no way to transport materials, so having the boards shipped would make a world of difference.

snappman

Cadet

Here are some pictures of the floorboards that I made for my HF 360. They are made out of 3/4" plywood and are covered in astro turf. I took measurements every two inches in order to figure out the proper dimensions.

thats a slick looking floor!!! Did you have to put anything along the sides in the crevice underneath the floor so it wouldnt rock back and forth? Just curious, im doing the same thing and i did BUT i havnt had mine in the water with the board in it. I think i may take your idea and hinge it too!!:D

snappman

Cadet

Anyone out there with the sevylor 280's have a 12 lb thrust trolling motor? If so, how well do they push the boat? Just ordered one from the site it was on clearance so i couldnt pass it up. Thanks in advance! Erik

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

here is some pics of mine I made

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 0

Kodiak_Man

Recruit

I have the HF-280 model which I picked up brand new on Craigslist for 35 bucks. I built the motor mount, floor, and a tow system for an additional gear raft. I also use an Optima dry cell battery that lasts for weeks and a 35lb thrust Minnkota trolling motor. Please watch my video and offer up any questions or suggestions! Thank's... here's the link... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWavDcfZcg

jerrywh

Recruit

Both the Sevylor 280 and the 360 should be inflated to .9 psi max.
That is what my manuel says. That's not 9psi it's 0.9 psi. You best buy the gauge from sevylor ,it's only $12.00 There is a 12v pump on Ebay that pumps 0.8 psi. that should work very well.

hoosyurdaddy

Recruit

I have the patterns that were sent to me of the FH360 floor boards if some one need a copy of them send me you address so i can see what it would cost to send them .I can trace them on craft paper so would be a little lighter . Shouldnt be much just standard mail.

do you still have the patterns available?

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yes some one on here ask and put their email link but i couldnt get ti to open .If you are interested message me and will see what we can do to get you the patterns. I made mine 1pc from 5/8 plywood I think 1/2 would do just fine. And would be lighter

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sorry to everone that message me I didnt see them if any one need the templets for the floor for the 360 let me know . I can trace them on to light paper so weight should not be a ploblem sending .I dont think cost will be much may take a bigger envlope then norm . I will make up one and see what they say at the post office as far as the weight and envolpe size.